Phoenix, AZ /
Corporate – REIS Staff /
The Marcus & Millichap Phoenix Office is seeking a Business Analyst to be a part of one of the firm’s premier Institutional Property Advisors teams. This position will play an integral role in assignments including portfolio and property-level analyses, sale comparable organization, rent comparable data collection, research, and financial model presentation.
The chosen candidate will need knowledge of financial/valuation concepts, excellent analytical and professional business writing skills and demonstrate a strong work ethic. Professionalism and attention to detail are imperative.
The Business Analyst will be a resourceful contributor to the team who can operate in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, take direction, and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to manage schedules and deadlines for multiple projects
- Able to receive direction and create efficiencies in processes/workflows
- Transfer financial modeling from Microsoft Excel to Adobe InDesign
- Analyze properties and write content that is both marketing oriented and accurately supported by research
- Compile data and material for the use of writing copy, developing infographics, and providing targeted research
- Translate abstract concepts into a meaningful story
- Effectively utilize the internet for research and call on property management and other sources to collect information
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation of media/marketing information
- Preferably a bachelor's degree in Finance, English, Journalism, Marketing, or another communications-related field
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel
- Experience in Adobe InDesign & Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft BI + GIS experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a thorough knowledge of the English language, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage
- Must have creative problem-solving abilities and a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results in a challenging, fast-paced, environment
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with over 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2019, the firm closed 9,726 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $49.7 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.