Dallas, TX /
Corporate – REIS Staff /
One of the firm’s top performing industrial teams located in Dallas, Texas seeks an Escrow and Transaction Coordinator possessing the following: Excellent customer service skills, ability to work effectively with all personalities, positive, professional, can-do attitude to assist a highly successful and driven team. Courteous and approachable, able to keep work confidential, able to keep cool in high pressure situations, proficient at multi-tasking, accept responsibility for and take pride in work output/product while achieving deadlines.
The successful candidate will have direct client interaction and must be proficient in written and oral communication. He/she will develop an advanced understanding of the real estate transaction process including reading and understanding of documents such as leases and contracts as well as interaction with escrow companies. Typical responsibilities will include reading and abstracting real estate documents, creating and managing critical event timing (i.e. Escrow deadlines) and serving as liaison between agent(s), client(s) and third-party vendor(s).
- Abstract Agreements to Create Escrow Timeline
- Submit Necessary Paperwork Internally
- Confirm Earnest Money Has Been Wired and Received by Title
- Assist in Gathering, Delivering & confirming receipt of critical information
- Overseeing critical dates during escrow
- Process Tenant Estoppel & SNDA Request (as needed)
- Produce Commission Statement and Broker Lien Waiver
- Obtain Preliminary Closing Documents from Title Company
- Confirm wire instructions verbally with closing agent at Title Company
- Obtain Final Closing Documents from Title Company (signed settlement statement, FIRPTA, wire confirm)
- Process Closings internally
- Update Team Pipeline Reports and other Sales Reports
- May include handling phone calls, maintaining calendars, processing mail and emails, managing inquiries, database management and filing
- Experience in real estate, including advanced administrative/clerical functions, interaction with clients as well as exposure to escrow management and real estate contracts.
- Experience working at a title company as an escrow manager or escrow assistant role is desirable but not required
- College graduate or demonstrated combination of formal education, training, and experience with knowledge, skills and abilities equivalent to those possessed by a college graduate.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience planning, organizing and executing multiple assignments, tasks and projects
- Experience proofreading documents for spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Experience with Salesforce is desirable although not required
- Must demonstrate desire and capability to integrate work across relevant areas, manage transactional risks appropriately, handle information/documents and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with over 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2019, the firm closed 9,726 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $49.7 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.