Front Desk Administrative Assistant
Palo Alto, CA /
Corporate – REIS Staff /
Marcus & Millichap Palo Alto is seeking a personable, professional Administrative Assistant who will be an integral part of a fast-moving team. Ideal candidates for this role are detail-oriented self-starters who are passionate about learning our processes and software, and contributing to our sales agents’, staff team and office’s success.
- The Administrative Assistant is a non-exempt position that reports directly to the Operations Manager. Work time is divided between brokerage administration, applications training and providing overall support to the sales force.
- Brokerage administration and commercial real estate transactional tasks
- Executive administrative support to Regional Manager and sales force
- Training, troubleshooting and at the front line of support to new agents, originators, agent assistants, staff and management in computer applications (see “Advancement Path”)
- In-office coordination for firm-wide technology/similar launches (we have an extensive applications training program in place)
- Phone back-up and front office support relief per company standards
Specific Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Process brokerage requests, this may include: proofing and editing according to the regulations, executing compliance procedures, and processing additional changes as necessary (training will be provided)
- Process deal file paperwork; gather and label required documents; obtain necessary approvals
- Assist in preparation to produce presentations, documents, and complete special projects in support of the Operations and Regional Managers
- Create files and adhere to the company’s digital filing system
- Utilize postage machine and other shipping methods, retrieve mail from the mail room and sort mail
- Cross-train in Operations Manager tasks for coverage as needed
- Generate, copy, scan and bind documents for use by management and agents
- Various tasks assigned as business needs require
Required Knowledge, Experience and Attributes
- Strong computer and software skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills as well as proofreading and editing abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Reliable and punctual
- Possess a friendly, team player, and proactive attitude and a strong desire to learn
- 2+ years administrative experience
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime as needed (paid at an overtime rate)
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Some previous experience in executive support and scheduling strongly preferred
- Residential or commercial real estate
- Proficient in Salesforce, DocuSign, and an ATS (Applicant Tracking System)
- Prior success working in a fast-paced sales environment
Candidates are tested for competency in software and office skills.
Administrative Assistant must have excellent writing and administrative skills. Due to the trajectory of this position, the Administrative Assistant should also have teaching skills or the desire and ability to acquire those skills (see “Advancement Path”).
Administrative Assistant will enroll in the Certified Agent Support Specialist program within the first nine (9) calendar months of employment in this role (or no later than the first 12 months**). The Administrative Assistant will successfully complete the program and obtain the title of Certified Agent Support Specialist within the first 12 months (or no later than the first 18 months**). Post certification, Administrative Assistant will solely utilize the Certified Agent Support Specialist title.
Certified Agent Support Specialist (CASS) Responsibilities
** Of consecutive employment in the role
In addition to the responsibilities assigned to the Administrative Assistant role, the Brokerage Administrator/Certified Agent Support Specialist takes the initiative in developing training presentations and training materials. They must be able to teach one-on-one or in a group setting.
The CASS will:
Learn and conduct training in accordance to established training modules for all software, firm
applications and policies/procedures that pertain to agents, originators and their assistants. This
training will be conducted on an ongoing basis as directed by the Operations Manager.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with over 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2019, the firm closed 9,726 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $49.7 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.