Public Relations Manager
Houston, TX /
Corporate – Marketing/Communications /
We are looking for a PR Manager to join our team and support our Northeast and Southeast region Public Relations efforts. This role will work directly with Field Marketing, Divisional Management, and Corporate PR to deliver impactful messages that enhance our already leading brand throughout the Northeast and Southeast regions. The PR manager will be responsible for all local PR activities in these regions including building relationships with local publications, drafting pitches and press releases, securing appropriate approvals, and tracking press hits. This role will also collaborate with marketing specialists across social media, advertising, and other channels to ensure strategies align to key Divisional priorities. To be successful in this role, you should be a creative thinker and problem solver, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Compose and disseminate press releases and field incoming media requests from local reporters and other sources for relevant articles.
- Monitor local press activity and maintain media lists
- Build and maintain relationships with press and media contacts.
- Assist with the composition of nomination narratives for industry awards.
- Identify and create unique content opportunities and editorial stories to pitch.
- Track PR metrics (media hits, press appearances, etc.) and produce basic reports.
- Build and maintain annual editorial calendars, track deadlines and pitch media
- Liaise with Divisional Leadership, Agents, Corporate PR department and Field Marketing teams
- Provide marketing support for ad hoc Divisional marketing projects as needed
- Maintain and further develop local media lists
- Write byline article drafts
- Utilize AP style in content development
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising or Business
- 5 years minimum experience in Public Relations. In-house PR department, PR agency, or marketing agency is a plus. Real estate or brokerage industry experience is a strong plus.
- Excellent writing skills, strong verbal presentation skills, clear communication, and articulation abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail and a process-improvement mindset.
- Ability to organize multiple deadlines and perform multiple tasks concurrently while demonstrating flexibility and efficiency
- Demonstrated relationship-building experience and strong collaboration skills.
- Must have or will be expected to become knowledgeable about the general Commercial Real Estate industry including terminology
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft O365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with task management software (Asana, Monday, etc.).
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Manhattan, NY is $65,000 to $75,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Marcus Millichap is a multi-state employer, and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.
EEO and Employment Eligibility:
Marcus Millichap is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Total Rewards and Culture:
Marcus Millichap is noted for its collaborative and performance-based culture where each person is valued for contributing their strengths and energy to meet Company and personal goals. The Company offers a competitive total compensation package, time-off in addition to Company observed holidays, medical/dental insurance benefits, 401k and more.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes more transactions than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2022, the firm closed 12,272 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $86.3 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.