Corporate – Accounting
Marcus & Millichap, the nation’s largest real estate investment brokerage company (80+ offices nationally), is looking to hire a highly motivated individual for a position of “Revenue Accountant” in our 23-person Accounting department. This position will report to the Revenue Accounting Supervisor located in our Calabasas office.
- Prepare and process real estate closing paperwork for the revenue accounting department
- Review closing documents from our offices for accuracy and completeness
- Maintain and update records and logs of our real estate transactions
- Communicate via phone/e-mail with our offices on deals and pending items
- Keep accurate agent and office files
- Archive paperwork for each transaction
- Monitor receivable balances and perform commission deductions.
- Various projects as they arise
Skills, Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Highly detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to provide exceptional follow through and be customer service driven
- Ability to multi-task and work under very tight deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Self motivated with strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively
- Familiar with real estate closing documents, preferred
- Proficient in MS-Office applications, including Excel
- Fluctuations in workloads will require some overtime at month end
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.