Los Angeles, CA /
Corporate – IPA /
Institutional Property Advisors (“IPA” or the “Company”), a division of Marcus & Millichap, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) is seeking a Multifamily Analyst that will be responsible for supporting senior Originators in the sourcing, originating, underwriting, and closing of multifamily loans, including via Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (the “Agencies”). The candidate will be an integral part of the growth and development of IPA’s multifamily capital markets business. The primary responsibility of the Analyst is to provide due diligence support to senior originators including market analysis, tax analysis, financial modeling, and assistance in all aspects of the closing process. This position will directly report the Executive Managing Director responsible for the multifamily capital markets business and will be based in Southern California.
Marcus & Millichap has recently formed a Strategic Alliance with M&T Realty Capital Corporation (M&T Realty Capital), a subsidiary of M&T Bank. The creation of this powerhouse alliance between M&T Bank (the 11th largest bank in the U.S.) and Marcus & Millichap (the most prolific multifamily investment sales and origination firm in the U.S.) provides an exciting opportunity for those looking for a platform that provides significant growth prospects.
- Underwrite and perform due diligence for multifamily transactions.
- Analyze multifamily property operating statements and rent rolls to conclude to pro-forma NOI.
- Assist senior team members in sizing and structuring debt and equity transactions by using fundamental valuation methodologies, identifying, and researching risks, understanding industry dynamics, industry valuation metrics and modeling cash flows.
- Conduct initial reviews of market areas, property, and site characteristics.
- Complete initial review of borrower and management qualifications.
- Responsible for accurate capital sizing and overall risk assessment prior to loan application utilizing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily underwriting guidelines.
- Interact with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac representatives regarding loan transaction terms.
- Assist with evaluating and structuring customized financing alternatives for clients.
- Assist with preparation of presentations, offering memorandum and financial reports.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- One to three years of multifamily real estate experience in advisory, banking or valuation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with, or ability to learn, basic analysis tools such as DCF, NPV, IRR and ROI.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to understand and analyze real estate appraisal reports.
- Experience with using data bases such as CoStar to gather information.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other team members, clients, and outside capital sources.
- Strong Excel modeling skills and aptitude for learning various other programs.
- Well-rounded professional with high personal values, exceptional judgment, and discretion.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage several transactions.
Institutional Property Advisors, a division of Marcus & Millichap, is a leading commercial real estate services firm providing institutional clients with commercial real estate investment sales and capital markets expertise and acclaimed research.
Marcus & Millichap revolutionized the real estate brokerage industry. The firm was designed to go far beyond simply facilitating real estate transactions. It was developed as an entire system dedicated to maximizing value for real estate investors.
In 1971, founders George Marcus and William Millichap launched a new real estate investment business model based on a unique method of matching each property with the largest pool of pre-qualified investors. This simple premise, coupled with an unfailing drive to measure success by client satisfaction, enabled the company to emerge as the industry’s pre-eminent real estate investment services firm.
The founders’ vision has been realized by a commitment to specialization, the willingness to foster a culture of information sharing and the foresight to pioneer real estate technology. Today, Marcus & Millichap is the industry’s largest firm specializing in real estate investment sales, financing, loan sales as well as a leading source of research and advisory services.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes more transactions than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2021, the firm closed 13,255 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $84.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.