Real Estate Research Writer
Corporate – Research
Marcus & Millichap, one of the nation’s leading commercial real estate investment services company (with more than 1,800 investment sales and financing professionals in 80 offices nationwide and throughout Canada) is seeking a Research Associate in our Phoenix based Research office.
Marcus & Millichap is seeking candidates to join its industry-leading Research Services team. We are looking for people who share our passion for analyzing economic, commercial real estate and investment data for key trends, then synthesizing it into reports, analyses, presentations and information that our clients can use to make better-informed investment decisions.
- Interprets data from a variety of sources to assess market's economic environment and to evaluate commercial real estate opportunities and trends.
- Prepares reports, projects, and presentations for use by executives in a wide range of conferences, speaking engagements, and media appearances.
- Authors reports on market trends and behavior, offering investors value-added services and insights into market performance.
- Develops analysis and reports to enhance client understanding of market trends and investment opportunities.
- 2 years minimum of professional analysis experience in commercial real estate or business writing.
- Ability to translate data and information into clear, professional reports and analyses that offer insightful interpretation.
- Ability to work under deadlines and complete projects on time with accuracy.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically PowerPoint.
- Passion for Commercial Real Estate.
- Adobe InDesign, InCopy, Alteryx, and CRE Industry applications such as CoStar are considered a plus.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Real Estate, Economics, Finance or Business preferred.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with more than 1,800 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2017, the firm closed 8,979 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $42.2 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.