Researcher & Data Entry Administrator
Oak Brook, IL
Corporate – REIS Staff
Since 1971, Marcus & Millichap Real Estate Investment Services has been the premier provider of investment real estate brokerage services. The foundation of our investment sales is the depth of our local market knowledge. Our 47-year history of maintaining investor relationships in local markets enables us to be the best information source and transaction service provider nationally.
A top producing retail and medical sales team at Marcus & Millichap, the nation's leading commercial real estate investment sales company, is seeking a part-time entry level Researcher & Data Entry Administrator to work in their Chicago Oak Brook office. This person will be responsible for a high volume of data entry, market research, and general administrative tasks on a fast-paced commercial real estate team.
This position will be part-time (15-20 hours per week) and will be paid hourly.
- Update and maintain client database based on retail development in planning, permitting, construction and recently completed phases.
- Update database based on needs and leads of agent.
- Correctly categorizing properties and clients in database for sorting purposes.
- Updating categorization of client records and/or adding notes to record tracking their current acquisitions, sales, and contact information changes.
- Updating ownership and property information in database subsequent to a property sale, by using multiple online research tools.
- Constructing research and call reports based on varying requests by agents, through collecting information from various online programs and current team database.
- Conducting market research and comp info.
- General administrative tasks assigned as needed.
- Ability to prioritize critical tasks and work well in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- Ability to communicate extremely well
- Possess a strong desire to learn new concepts and master new software applications.
- Strong work ethic, verbally articulate and detail-oriented.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong editing skills, i.e., spelling, grammar, punctuation.
- Type 50+ WPM.
- Basic real estate understanding/knowledge preferred but not required
- Data entry experience preferred
- Editing (Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation)
- Experience with commercial real estate focused programs preferred but not required (CoStar, Loopnet, LexisNexis, etc.)
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with more than 1,800 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2017, the firm closed 8,979 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $42.2 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.