Executive Assistant/Department Administrator
Western Division – Phoenix
Seeking a talented and solutions-oriented Administrative Assistant to support the Marcus & Millichap Research Services Division and the Senior Vice-President leading that team. Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of administrative support experience, sharp attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to independently complete assignments and feel comfortable in a very high-paced environment.
This role blends department and executive administrative support, often acting as the first touch-point with clients and company personnel nationwide. Duties include coordinating travel, managing calendars, helping prepare materials for speaking engagements, maintaining office facilities and equipment, reconciling department invoices and expense accounts, coordinating department staffing and facilitating department project assignments. The candidate should be highly organized, have strong technical skills (MS Office), the ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities and enjoy creating a dynamic, positive team environment.
- Coordinate department operations including vendor invoices, project assignments, team events and new staff member onboarding
- Maintain local office facilities including ordering office supplies, acting as the liaison with the property manager and ensuring the department workspace is well maintained
- Manage accounts and subscriptions for a variety of data vendors
- Act as department’s first point of contact for clients, sales personnel, managers and executives
- Collaborate with other department and teams nationwide to facilitate use of the department’s products. Includes shipping materials to events and managing digital content on the company intranet
- Liaison with company IS department to monitor and maintain department computer systems
- Coordinate executive travel including event registration, flights, car services and hotel accommodations
- Support executive schedule, answer phone calls, help prioritize conversations, reconcile executive expense account, and other support as needed
- Maintain highly confidential files and information
- Facilitate and monitor department and executive social media presence
- Take meeting minutes and providing summaries including team schedules and deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three or more years of administrative experience
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Adobe products and social media a plus
- Conversant in computer technology and systems
- Deadline driven, results-oriented perspective
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous tasks in a high-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Takes ownership of tasks and projects and can complete them with limited supervision
- Upbeat, energetic, dependable, takes pride in work and works well in a team environment
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.