Events Marketing Coordinator
Walnut Creek, CA
Corporate – Marketing/Communications
Marcus & Millichap, the industry’s largest firm specializing in real estate investment sales and financing, as well as a leading source of research and advisory services, is seeking an Events Marketing Coordinator to be based out of our Walnut Creek, CA office.
As a part of the Events Team, this role will work directly with the Director of Operations and Events Managers on a variety of high-profile internal and external events, conferences, trade shows and recognition projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to coordinating the firm’s involvement in a variety of industry events, conferences and trade shows as well as conferences and events hosted by the firm.
The Events Marketing Coordinator operates within a high production volume environment and under strict deadlines, therefore the position requires excellent writing skills and an eye for design, detail, precision and accuracy. Must build and maintain positive and professional working relationships with managers and executives throughout the firm as well as industry partners, vendors and event organizers.
You will develop, manage, and execute various event (internal and external) marketing collateral, including print and digital invitations, letters, sales aids, PowerPoint presentations, templates and brochures. Additionally, you will support the firm at company sponsored and industry events as needed.
This is a non-exempt position with some travel to events and working on-site required several times per year. Some evening and weekend in office time will be required in preparation for events. Year-end and the holiday season is the busiest time of year.
- Coordinates logistics related for industry conferences and the GreenPearl conference series
- Coordinates logistics, speakers and marketing materials for webcasts and webinars
- Coordinate execution of various association and conference sponsorships
- Coordinate marketing projects for events from start to finish
- Ensures materials are submitted on time and meet specifications within deadlines
- Manages events-related marketing and research materials and schedule and calendar
- Works within marketing timelines for events and ensures event marketing collateral is created and deadlines met.
- Leads the team’s efforts on creating PowerPoint presentations and event marketing collateral for key internal events as well as conferences and trade shows
- Reviews and quality control of marketing materials and events and conference website content
- Provides speaker and management biographies and photos
- Creates internal and external announcements and communications as needed
- Quality control of announcements and marketing materials
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, event marketing, event management, public relations, advertising or business
- 5 years of experience in a related field with a proven track record in a fast-paced production environment. Commercial real estate industry-experience a strong plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Must be highly organized, proactive, detail and deadline oriented with ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Must be able to manage projects from start to completion within the given time frame
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Customer service (white-glove service) oriented
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Ability to react to changes seamlessly and effectively deal with stressful situations and deadlines without getting flustered or irritated
- Excellent computer and Internet skills are essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Office 365 a plus
- Working knowledge of Adobe PDF editing tools
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop a plus
- Good working knowledge of Outlook and WebEx
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.