Los Angeles, CA /
Corporate – IPA /
Institutional Property Advisors (“IPA” or the “Company”), a division of Marcus & Millichap, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) is seeking a seeking a Multifamily Originator who will be responsible for sourcing and originating multifamily loans, including via Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (the “Agencies”). The candidate will be an integral part of the growth and development of IPA’s multifamily capital markets business. The primary responsibility of the Originator is to oversee transactions from engagement through closing, acting as a liaison between clients and capital sources. The position will be on a team that is consistently ranked as one of the top capital markets teams in the country. This team has closed over $30 billion since inception with recent volume well over $3 billion per year. This position will directly report to the Executive Managing Director responsible for the multifamily capital markets business and will be based in Southern California.
Marcus & Millichap has recently formed a Strategic Alliance with M&T Realty Capital Corporation (M&T Realty Capital), a subsidiary of M&T Bank. The creation of this powerhouse alliance between M&T Bank (the 11th largest bank in the U.S.) and Marcus & Millichap (the most prolific multifamily investment sales and origination firm in the U.S.) provides an exciting opportunity for those looking for a platform that provides significant growth prospects.
- Originate, structure, negotiate, and close multifamily real estate loans and/or equity joint ventures.
- Develop, foster, and maintain strong relationships with multifamily owners, operators, and developers as well as capital sources.
- Cultivate relationships with IPA investment sales professionals to generate staple financing opportunities.
- Lead and/or participate in presentations and pitches with new and existing clients.
- Monitor micro/macro CRE market conditions, attend CRE related conferences, and participate in industry events to identify and source new financing opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters or advanced degree preferred.
- Seven to ten years of multifamily origination experience with a specialization in Agency and alternative financing sources with a significant book of business and established relationships with institutional clients.
- Proven track record of originating, underwriting, structuring, and closing multifamily debt and equity mandates greater than $15 million.
- Proven relationships with developers, owners, investors, and other direct borrowers.
- Ability to negotiate sophisticated term sheets and closing documents.
- Excellent due diligence, analytical, negotiating, deal structuring, and financial skills.
- Team player who can also work hand in hand with IPA multifamily investment sales agents structuring and executing staple financing transactions.
- Creativity in structuring financial transactions is paramount.
- Independent worker with strong client management skills, excellent accuracy/attention to details, and an ability to adjust to an ever-changing business environment.
- High level of integrity and professionalism with a hands-on, proactive style.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the motivation to play a critical role in the growth of a platform, within an established organization.
- Collaborative approach to building a business.
- Strategic thinker coupled with the ability to dive into the details.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with a direct and open communication style.
- Ability to contribute to a positive, supportive company culture.
- Travel as appropriate.
Institutional Property Advisors, a division of Marcus & Millichap, is a leading commercial real estate services firm providing institutional clients with commercial real estate investment sales and capital markets expertise and acclaimed research.
Marcus & Millichap revolutionized the real estate brokerage industry. The firm was designed to go far beyond simply facilitating real estate transactions. It was developed as an entire system dedicated to maximizing value for real estate investors.
In 1971, founders George Marcus and William Millichap launched a new real estate investment business model based on a unique method of matching each property with the largest pool of pre-qualified investors. This simple premise, coupled with an unfailing drive to measure success by client satisfaction, enabled the company to emerge as the industry’s pre-eminent real estate investment services firm.
The founders’ vision has been realized by a commitment to specialization, the willingness to foster a culture of information sharing and the foresight to pioneer real estate technology. Today, Marcus & Millichap is the industry’s largest firm specializing in real estate investment sales, financing, loan sales as well as a leading source of research and advisory services.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes more transactions than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2021, the firm closed 13,255 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $84.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.