Corporate – Marketing/Communications
Marcus & Millichap Real Estate Investment Services, Inc, the nation’s largest real estate investment brokerage company (80+ offices nationally), is looking to hire a Senior Copywriter. This role is under the direction of the Creative Director, and is located in Calabasas.
The in-house marketing and creative team is responsible for driving and evolving the Marcus & Millichap and IPA brands, by providing support and alignment to the external and internal marketing goals of the firm. This includes the creative and strategic execution of foundational marketing–in print and digital formats, for both internal and external campaign execution.
As a Senior Copywriter on the marketing team you will be working with our talented team to support the needs of the firm in a fast-paced work environment. The team’s focus is on delivering industry-leading creative work across print, digital and video. The ideal candidate should have a passion for writing and set high standards for themselves and their work. They should also have the ability to juggle multiple ongoing projects without disruption, be self-motivated, and resourceful.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Ensure materials effectively communicate to both internal and external audiences.
- Be a conceptual storyteller with a conversational tone.
- Translate complex concepts into consumer-friendly terms.
- Work closely with and alongside designers, art directors & marketers.
- Establish a high-output workflow that is deadline-driven, with smooth hand-offs and meticulous attention to detail.
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional creative team to meet goals, while having an open and curious mind inspiring and elevating those around you.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience, 2+ years at a branding or advertising agency, or in-house experience writing in a comparable industry.
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work
- Experience defining and adapting to an established brand voice.
- Familiarity with writing keyword rich content for SEO.
- Proven performer in a a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Strategist and an executor, capable of bringing projects from concept to completion.
- Previous experience working at a recognized agency or design firm on projects for nationally or internationally recognized clients preferred.
- An understanding and/or interest in Commercial Real Estate preferred.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.