BA - MARKET & COUNTERPARTY RISK
London Area /
RISK is a fully independent function whose mission is to advise the bank’s top management on risk appetite, to provide fast and reliable information about the risk profile, to offer high quality risk measurement/quantification and risk management expertise to the group’s stakeholders as well as to foster risk anticipation.
Enterprise Risk Architecture (ERA) is a transversal stream within RISK focussed on risk analytics, modelling and industrialisation. Within ERA, the RISK SYSTEMS team (RS) focusses on the implementation of risk methodologies consisting of the design, build, test and support of software applications and services to serve the bank's RISK and Trading Business users.
These applications and services contribute to the definition of the Group’s risk appetite, its risk decision making process and the optimization of capital allocation to support the development of the Operating Divisions.
RS supports with full commitment all RISK initiatives and actions and operates in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) delivery mode.
Working as a Senior Business Analyst within Risk SYSTEMS, you will be responsible for the full range of business analysis tasks across both user-driven and regulatory projects addressing both methodological and systems aspects.
Requirements gathering and functional architecture design:
- Work with wide range of stakeholders (Quant teams, Risk Managers, Front Office) to understand and document business requirements, document changes to technology systems and contribute to functional architecture of software systems
- Use desktop tools to extract and analyse data to understand current state and specify changes
- Use diagrams to communicate different aspects of functional architecture to stakeholders
Technical solution facilitation:
- Work closely with development teams within RS to ensure requirements are understood and technology solutions are designed and built to a high quality standard
Testing Strategy and Orchestration:
- Design and execute testing plans for solutions to validate that business requirements have been met and system performance meets expectations
- Work with RISK SYSTEMS Service Transition to manage the deployment of new solutions to production environments, including user on-boarding and training as well as supporting the development of operating models
- Support the management in providing analysis to help the bank respond to regulatory enquires or estimate potential cost and complexity of future software deliveries
In addition to contribution to change projects you will additionally be expected to acquire and continually develop your understanding of:
- Regulatory frameworks for financial institutions
- Financial derivatives and pricing
- Software delivery lifecycle methodology
Technical skills and qualifications
- Excellent academic background (strong mathematical, analytical and quantitative skills are advantageous)
- Proven BA experience
- Sound understanding of Market and Counterparty Risk
- Interest in and understanding of software project delivery
- Experience of working with IT systems, coupled with an ability to understand risk methodologies.
- SQL knowledge and Software development experience is a bonus
- Proficient written & oral communication with the ability to tailor presentation of complex information to a range of different audiences.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent spoken and written English (French would be a plus)
- Motivation and ability to work collaboratively as part of a global team
- Motivation and drive to develop a career in technology in financial institutions
- Capacity for critical thinking & ability to exercise good judgement with a strong sense of responsibility
- Strong work ethic and exemplary conduct in line with the bank's values