Front Office IT Support Engineer
London Area /
Margo is a Tech Native consulting firm accompanying companies in their digital transformation on highly technical complex projects. Its offers are organized around 4 expertise: Business Agility, High Performance IT, Data to Business and IT Modernization.
By putting innovation at the heart of its model, Margo guides companies in their strategic choices and in the creation of new technologies, in order to design their competitive advantage.
Margo is looking for a Front Office IT Support Engineer to help our clients (Tier 1 bank, Asset management, Hedge fund) on various projects in the Front office area.
The Consultant will be working with all the banking teams which include Traders and Developers. The role allows you to support a diverse range of teams as well as working with various financial products for example: commodities, application (booking, pricing), Equity derivatives, FX, equities, Credit, Rate and more.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Proactively monitoring the system
- Configuring the system
- Analysing and resolving production support technical and functional issues
- Fielding questions from different teams including traders, marketers, risk managers, and middle office and keeping them informed of system issues and changes affecting them
- Logging incidents
- Advising the core development team of necessary bug fixes and enhancements
- Participating in the first-line support rota, which includes an early shift for resolving overnight batch issues and an on-call system for overnight and weekend support. The rota allows those not engaging in first-line support to focus on more in-depth analysis
- Release management
You are the successful candidate if :
- Highly motivated and autonomous, with strong teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Graduated to 5 years experiences
- Stress management
- Knowledge of financial markets and products
- Scripting skills
- SQL, UNIX commandsInfrastructure - Windows infrastructure / servers - essential