Care Coordinator & Customer Success Lead
We’re looking for a customer success lead with a background in care coordination who can use their real-world experience to empathize with and train users, ensuring smooth implementations. Marigold Health exists to give every patient with a mental health or substance use condition (~25% of all American adults) a place to feel heard.
We’ve built a mobile platform for chat-based group support groups with natural language processing (NLP, a form of artificial intelligence) that automatically detects and visualizes clinically relevant sentiment within messages to inform providers. We sell directly to provider systems and payors so the most underserved patients can get 24/7, culturally competent support at no cost. Our NLP gives clinicians a 7-10x gain in patient capacity - allowing them the bandwidth to scale to the true magnitude of the mental health crisis.
The current team has roots in Johns Hopkins, and the clinical merit of our work has been recognized by organizations ranging from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to the American Psychiatric Association. We recently closed a seed round with top-tier VCs such as Felicis Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rock Health. We're already working with a range of providers, from a community mental health center, to a nationally-recognized psychiatric facility.
We’re seeking someone curious & diplomatic to join our founding team FT.
Expect a mix of user research, conducting site visits to interview patient and provider users with our founding UX lead, and actual implementation, developing demo and program processes to onboard client providers.
Our Boston HQ has 3 working FT, with additional team members distributed. We value empathy, creativity, independent thinking, diversity, candor, and ambition.
What You'll Do
- Interview potential patient and provider users to better inform our product roadmap and onboarding materials
- Educate the design and engineering teams on real-world workflows within behavioral health
- Train clinician users, monitor patient engagement at early sites, and assess the effectiveness of different rollout strategies
- Develop content including demos, training curriculum, and in-platform resources for users
- Operationalize a “playbook” for a scalable rollout to form the foundation of a larger customer success team
- Work with our data science team to ensure our models incorporate existing best practice and are visually conveyed to providers in an understandable way
What You Have
- Fluency in Spanish (native speaker strongly preferred)
- 3+ years work experience as a care manager, care coordinator or related titles working with patients with behavioral health conditions
- Experience with Medicaid populations
- Preferred: experience in a managed care environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated technical acumen, with the ability to rapidly understand new interfaces
- Preferred: Previous work in customer success or UX research at a technology company
- Preferred: 1+ years of experience in an early stage startup a plus
- Preferred: Training in human-center design a strong plus
Who You Are
- Patient care is in your DNA, but you have a demonstrated passion for system-level improvements, pushing best practices, workflow improvements, and innovative technology to work smarter
- You’re a people person.
- You’re motivated by our mission to give every single patient with a mental health condition a unique voice.
- You seize the initiative and thrive in an unstructured environment
- Time is our most precious resource and perfect isn’t always possible: you’re adept at triaging, prioritizing, and iterating.
- You’re ruthless in challenging assumptions when strategizing but act with conviction
- You learn quickly and take pride in understanding the trade-offs your teammates face in their roles, as well as the larger implications of your own work.
- You know how to glean insights, test hypotheses, and demonstrate results with limited resources.
What's In It for You
- Shape the organizational culture of a mission-driven team in its earliest days
- Define the provider-facing messaging of a rapidly growing startup, with influence in product and branding
- Significant equity as part of the founding team
- Competitive salary + perks and generous mental health benefit
- Save lives at scale by bringing support to those who would’ve never otherwise sought treatment
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). Unless we have diversity on our team and in our mindsets as we work together to move the needle on a deeply entrenched, systematic issue, we will fail. Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.