Program Development Lead
Clinical & Research
We're looking for a behavioral health clinician to develop a digital curriculum to empower patients with substance use conditions in an anonymous online chat support group.
You'll work directly with our product and design teams day-day, and will interface with the CEO to disseminate your work to decision makers in the provider and managed care space.
Marigold Health exists to give every patient with a mental health or substance use condition (~25% of American adults) a place to feel heard.
Marigold is an app for chat-based group support with a natural language processing (NLP) backend that automatically detects clinically-relevant sentiment within messages, flagging them for providers. Patients use our platform to get 24/7 access to culturally-competent support via different groups, while our NLP tools automate 90% of group moderation so providers are empowered to offer Marigold as a wrapround to existing outpatient care, increasing the capacity of the care team by 7-10x. We partner directly with provider systems and payors so the most underserved patients can access support at no cost to them.
The current team has roots in Johns Hopkins, and the clinical merit of our work has been recognized by organizations ranging from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to the American Psychiatric Association. Our seed investors include top-tier venture capitalists such as Felicis Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rock Health. The platform is already live in a variety of settings, from a network of community-based substance use treatment providers, to a nationally-recognized psychiatric facility.
Our Boston HQ has 7 working FT, with additional team members distributed. We value authenticity, candor, and ambition.
This role is an opportunity to join a laser-focused + mission-driven team while the product is still highly malleable.
What You'll Do
- Working in tandem with a dedicated UX Researcher, draw upon existing literature, digital platforms, and Marigold member activity to suggest features that to better help members in their recovery
- Design a training process and curriculum to train certain members to lead groups as an online "peer moderator"
- Investigate methods for best grouping Marigold members
- Refine existing protocols to notify a member's provider during a variety of relevant clinical scenarios in-app
- Collaborate with our data science team to ensure our NLP models incorporate relevant provider considerations and output actionable visual results for client providers
- Design processes to ensure the above features scale across a range of use cases and deployments
- Organize and measure clinical outcomes in existing research studies with Johns Hopkins and Brown, while identifying future research opportunities
- Work closely with the CEO in identifying strategic partners, and explaining the value of our platform to potential payor and provider adopters
- Educate teammates on real-world workflows and patient stories within behavioral health
What You Have
- Clinical education in a relevant field such as social work or psychology (e.g. MSW/LCSW)
- Clinical experience treating behavioral health conditions in diverse, Medicaid-heavy populations, particularly leading and working with groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated technical acumen, with the ability to rapidly understand new interfaces, and a solid understanding of existing digital interventions in the space
- Comfort working collaboratively with a high degree of autonomy and initiative
- The ability to independently prioritize and act with conviction in an environment of uncertainty
- A solid understanding of the various stakeholders in the behavioral health system
- Preferred: Experience working in managed care
- Preferred: Specific experience focusing on patients with substance use
- Preferred: 1+ years of experience in an early stage startup
- Preferred: Training in human-centered design
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). Persons with lived experience with mental health or substance use conditions are specifically encouraged to apply. Unless we have diversity on our team and in our mindsets as we work together to move the needle on a deeply entrenched, systematic issue, we will fail.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email shrenik [AT] marigoldhealth.com for more info.