Senior Front-End Developer
FT (Remote Ok)
We’re looking for a senior front-end developer to join us as part of the founding team to create & scale our core platform. Marigold Health exists to give every patient with a mental health or substance use condition (~25% of all American adults) a place to feel heard.
The product is a mobile platform for chat-based support groups with a natural language processing (NLP) backend that automatically directs and visualizes clinically relevant sentiment within messages to inform providers. We sell directly to provider systems and payors so the most underserved patients can get 24/7, culturally competent support at no cost. Our NLP gives clinicians a 7-10x gain in patient capacity - allowing them the bandwidth to scale to the true magnitude of the mental health crisis.
The current team has roots in Johns Hopkins, and the clinical merit of our work has been recognized by organizations ranging from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to the American Psychiatric Association. We recently closed a seed round with top-tier VCs such as Felicis Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rock Health. We're already working with a range of providers, from a community mental health center, to a nationally-recognized psychiatric facility.
We’re seeking someone meticulous & creative to join our founding team FT.
As a senior front-end developer, you’ll turn designs into pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile and web platforms. You can be based anywhere in the continental US or India, and we will schedule regular trips to our HQ in Boston.
Our Boston HQ has 3 working FT, with additional team members distributed. We value empathy, creativity, independent thinking, diversity, candor, and ambition.
What You'll Do
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Make immersive and beautiful experiences with React Native.
- Design architectures that make Marigold secure and maintainable by default.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Maintain codebases and write automated tests to ensure quality
- 1+ years of experience with React Native
- Strong understanding of design, with a focus on simplicity and usability.
- An understanding of React Native including libraries and packages such as Expo, Native Base, Code Push
- Work leveraging native APIs for deep integrations, e.g. Twilio, PubNub
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, and ship quality code in an agile manner
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with technical requirements for healthcare and HIPAA compliance.
- Experience building a social or a messaging platform
- Knowledge of SQL Queries & data operations (PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB).
- AWS services such as RDS, EC2, Lambda, API Gateway.
- 1+ years of startup experience
Who You Are
- Immerse yourself in the products that you build
- Like solving challenging problems
- Motivated by our mission to give every single patient with a mental health condition a unique voice
- Consistently proactive, thriving in an unstructured environment
- Time is our most precious resource and perfect isn’t always possible: you’re adept at triaging, prioritizing, and iterating
- Ruthless in challenging assumptions when strategizing but act with conviction
- A quick learner, taking pride in understanding the trade-offs your teammates face in their roles, as well as the larger implications of your own work
- Scrappy, able to glean insights, test hypotheses, and demonstrate results with limited resources
What's In It For You
- Save lives by bringing support to those who would’ve never otherwise sought treatment
- Work on a first-of-its-kind product that improves the lives of its users
- Shape the organizational culture of a mission-driven team in its earliest days
- Influence the software architecture of a rapidly growing startup
- Significant equity as part of the founding team
- Competitive salary + perks including generous mental health benefits
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background and sexual orientation). Unless we have diversity on our team and in our mindsets as we work together to move the needle on a deeply entrenched, systematic issue, we will fail.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email shrenik [AT] marigoldhealth.com for more info.