Boston, MA /
We’re looking for an UX Researcher with a deep understanding of psychology to conduct user research on a recently launched product. You'll use quantitative and qualitative methods to inform product direction embedded within a tight-knit product team: a UI/UX Designer, Clinical Strategy Lead, and Product Manager.
Marigold Health exists to give every patient with a mental health or substance use condition (~25% of American adults) a place to feel heard.
Marigold is an app for chat-based group support with a natural language processing (NLP) backend that automatically detects clinically-relevant sentiment within messages for providers. These NLP tools empower care teams to engage 7-10x as many patients - allowing us to partner directly with provider systems and payors so the most underserved patients can get 24/7, culturally-competent support at no cost to them.
The current team has roots in Johns Hopkins, and the clinical merit of our work has been recognized by organizations ranging from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to the American Psychiatric Association. Our seed investors include top-tier VCs such as Felicis Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rock Health. The platform is already live in a variety of settings, including a community-based substance use treatment provider and a nationally-recognized psychiatric facility.
This role is intensely focused on UX research (quantitative + qualitative), and will include translating insights into low-fidelity mockups. This role is an opportunity to conduct high quality research and obtain significant product experience within a laser-focused, mission-driven team with a product that is is still highly malleable.
Our Boston HQ has 7 working FT, with additional team members distributed. We value creativity, independent thinking, authenticity, candor, and ambition.
What You Have
- A burning desire to improve mental health care for patients
- At least 2 years of FT experience conducting UX Research to design/iterate on a software product
- Strong core UX research skills - this is a hands on role: you'll conduct interviews onsite, observe user behavior in the platform, and rapidly test hypotheses
- An interest in, or existing product management skillset - while research-focused, a key part of this role is prioritizing a research backlog based on business needs
- A strong understanding of information hierarchies, and the research challenges in expressing complex ideas virtually
- Establish an agile process for collecting continual user research and systematically dealing with bias in research findings
- Experience collecting relevant feedback on a novel product with few direct substitutes
- Familiarity with ethnographic methods to understand cultural nuances between users
- Demonstrated patience and compassion in uncovering insights into a highly stigmatized topic
- An ability to balance long-term foundational research with rapid directional research
- Comfort working collaboratively with a high degree of autonomy and initiative
- The ability to prioritize and act with conviction in an environment of uncertainty
- Good contact skills to interface with providers, patients, and healthcare executives during the design process
- Strong skills in research-design/dev handoffs are a must
- Experience translating research insights to low-fidelity mockups is strongly preferred
- Previous experience in an early stage startup a significant plus
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). Persons with lived experience with mental health or substance use conditions are specifically encouraged to apply. Unless we have diversity on our team and in our mindsets as we work together to move the needle on a deeply entrenched, systematic issue, we will fail.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email shrenik [AT] marigoldhealth.com for more info.