Visual and UX Designer
Remote (USA) /
Marigold Health is seeking a visual and UX designer to work closely with product, engineering, clinical operations, and other stakeholders to create compelling and effective product designs that empower the patients who are most likely to receive the least support in their health and recovery journeys. You will also work on various external assets for Marigold to communicate with patients, providers, and other audiences about our mental health and substance use recovery peer-based support program and offerings. These assets will be both print and digital. We are looking for someone versatile who can design for multiple audience types with varying levels of complexity in the content. This will be an individual contributor role, perfect for someone early in their career or who has recently transitioned into UX from graphic design. If you have strong visual design skills and are excited by the opportunity to use design to improve people’s health and lives, we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Design compelling and thoughtful user experiences and designs (user interface designs, interaction models, rapid prototypes, task flows, etc.)
- Own the visual design of physical (e.g., fliers, swag) and digital (app screens, website assets) collateral
- Support on the collection of user feedback, research interviews, and guides, standards for documentation, guiding product decisions by translating research into actionable insights
- Build on established design principles and best practices to create Marigold-specific style guides, graphic assets, and design standards
- Reporting, Schedule, and Location: This is a FT opportunity reporting directly into a UX Lead. Most team members work virtually from home and are located on the east coast and internationally. You can work remotely anywhere in the US but should expect to be available during east coast hours and occasionally travel to the company’s office in Boston, where our HQ is located, whenever COVID-19 restrictions ease. Travel costs will be covered by the company. We also have an office in Delaware.
- 2-4 years with visual or graphic design, with at least 6 months+ experience working on UX/UI, ideally including mobile design and web-based platforms
- Broad visual and graphic design skills across multiple mediums.
- Experience with creating low-fidelity mockups, prototyping and translating them into polished wire-frames and ready-to-build designs.
- Comfort with integrating input cross-functionally to finalize designs
- Demonstrated ability to design for multiple audience types, and explicit attention to detail
- Experience with simple usability testing (e.g. clickable prototypes)
- Clear communication and ability to self-manage work with input from client
- Research in a healthcare setting, including handling Protected Health Information (PHI), including conducting user interviews; demonstrated ability to design for accessibility and inclusivity
- Quantitative data analysis and visualization
- Fluency in Spanish
Nice to have
Who You Are
- Motivated by our mission to give every single patient with a mental health condition a unique voice
- Professional and patient when interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable breaking large, ambiguous problems into concrete experiments
- Proactive in self-directing work to areas of high impact
- Methodical and organized despite an unstructured environment
- Respectful and empathetic when researching sensitive or stigmatized topics
Why You'll Love This Role
- Be directly involved with saving lives by deploying a first-of-its-kind treatment model
- Experience your designs in action, impacting patients rapidly and iteratively
- Have a scalable impact as we expand nationally, using our technology to expand Marigold’s reach
- Contribute to and gain expertise from a diverse, interdisciplinary team that includes clinicians, data scientists, and peer workers
- Opportunity to shape and grow the design function at the company as the first full-time designer
Compensation, Benefits and Culture
- The base salary range for this role is $70-90K, depending on experience. As part of our founding team, this role will include ownership equity.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage, including fully covered premiums for individuals (with the option to cover dependents for a cost) and a dedicated mental health benefit
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Computer and equipment provided
- Company travel budget and professional development budget
After you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the hiring manager and select members of the team. If it seems like we’re a good fit for each other, we will follow up and schedule a 15-30 minute phone call with one of our leaders to get to know you.
If we jointly decide to move forward, you can plan to (virtually) attend a 45 video interview with the Chief Product Officer. The final stage would be to meet (2-4) other members of the team via video conference for additional conversations about your approach to collaboration, your relevant experience to current projects, and alignment with our values. All in, you can expect the time commitment for this stage to be 3-4 hours of synchronous interaction, scheduled to fit your needs.
If you complete interviews, we will provide a decision or clear next step within five business days.
We are ready to hire as soon as we find the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
More About Marigold
Marigold Health is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup providing services for a range of community based mental health and substance use treatment providers as well as national health insurers. We collaborate with leading investigators at Brown University and Johns Hopkins and have been publicly recognized by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the American Psychiatric Association.
Our program is a combination of 1-1 coaching and 24/7 anonymous chat support groups accessed over phone, SMS, and app/web. On the backend, proprietary natural language processing tools scale our peer workforce by augmenting group moderation, automating patient outreach, and sending sentiment-based “alerts” to coordinate care with other providers. Following strong results from our first clinical studies, we are entering a period of rapid growth and expect to expand from 2 states today to 12 by this time next year.
Our core values are authenticity, candor, and ambition. Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). We must have diversity on our team and in our mindsets to be successful in moving the needle on the deeply entrenched and systematic challenges we face.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email email@example.com for more information