Peer Specialist Lead - Delaware (Certification Required)
Delaware (remote, anywhere in state) /
Peer Team /
FT (Remote Ok)
We're looking for an experienced, DE-based peer specialist to take the lead delivering services via new model for technology-enabled peer support across the state. You'll supervise a team of peer specialists and directly engage members.
This person is someone we can count on to:
OWN their ability to stand confidently in their expertise
LEARN new innovative peer-support interventions
INFORM non-peer Marigold Health team members and individuals who are unfamiliar with the peer framework of peer values and ethics as well as the history and importance of certified peer specialists
ENGAGE Marigold members in navigating the healthcare system and their social environment in a non-directive and supportive manner that promotes informed decision making and self-learning
Marigold Health exists to give every person with a mental health or substance use condition (~25% of American adults) a place to feel heard.
Our work is focused on remotely delivering evidence-based peer support to persons experiencing Life and Care transitions. We've designed a novel program that augments the efforts of peer workers with technology tools to help automate outreach and facilitate community linkages, as well as give persons served ("members") more avenues through receive support via anonymous support groups in a mobile app.
We're an early-stage, rapidly growing startup, with the potential in our new approach recognized by organizations ranging from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to the American Psychiatric Association. Our investors include top-tier venture capitalists, and our research collaborators are eminent investigators at Brown and Johns Hopkins. We currently work with a range of community-based mental health & substance use treatment providers, and are in the middle of our first state-wide implementation with a managed care organization.
Our Boston HQ has 6 working FT, with additional team members distributed. Our core values are authenticity, candor, and ambition.
Compensation: $22/hr + benefits (healthcare, dental, vision)
What You'll Do
- Supervise and lead internal peer training for a team of DE peers trained to deliver integrated peer services under Marigold’s novel tech-enabled approach
- Engage a roster of members via regularly scheduled phone/video calls, text messages, digital support groups, and wellness planning
- Coordinate with Marigold staff, member's friends/family & other care providers in delivering support and use your experience to identify and engage a network of referring agencies, as well as add to an online database of member resources
- Internally, bring a "peer perspective" to the design of new digital interventions, technology tools, and trainings and externally, contribute to Marigold's blog to showcase peer voices (https://medium.com/marigold-health)
What You Have
- DE-Certified Peer Support Specialist
- 1000+ hours or minimum 2 years working as a peer post-certification
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- A willingness to speak to your personal lived experience with mental health and/or substance use conditions
- Reliable access to internet in a private space (we will provide equipment, e.g a laptop computer and phone)
- Familiarity/comfort operating a smartphone, computer, and using software tools such as Microsoft Office
- Be able to document member engagement in an electronic record
- An ability to adapt to change - as a new program, we're continuously making changes based on results in the field
- Training and/or experience supervising other peers is a significant plus
- Fluency in Spanish is a significant plus
- Experience delivering peer support digitally (e.g. on social media) is a significant plus
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). Unless we have diversity on our team and in our mindsets as we work together to move the needle on a deeply entrenched, systematic issue, we will fail.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.