Administrative Assistant, Clinical Operations
Remote (USA) /
Clinical Operations /
Marigold is looking for a proactive, creative and organized Executive Administrative Assistant to provide strategic, administrative, and project management support to our Clinical Operations leadership team. This is a new role for the organization, where you will work directly with ourChief Medical Officer (CMO), Clinical Director and Peer ManagersSupport SpecialistsTeamon everything from effectively coordinating and documenting meetings, planning team programming and travel, and collaborating with other Marigold teams. You'll provide the organizational backbone of the team through developing clear and consistent communicationprocesses and enforcing consistency, claritysupporting internal accountability and operational excellence. This position is a key supporting role with a high level of responsibility and impact. We’re looking for someone who is diligent, results oriented, customer-focused, and has the demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workflow. You love to learn and can effectively multitask without losing attention to details. If you have experience with remotely supporting leaders in a healthcare setting and are committed to empowering people with mental health and substance use conditions, we want to hear from you.
Marigold Health exists to give every person with a mental health or substance use condition a place to feel heard. We have designed an asynchronous-first health program where people interested in recovery support each other. We believe peers, individuals in recovery themselves who have received training to support others, can empower and engage those least likely to interact with current forms of care.
What You'll Do
- Act as a force multiplier within the Clinical Operations team , including coordinating schedules, responding to unexpected issues, and broadly ensuring effective use of executive time
- Organize meetings, develop agendas, capture and distribute notes to key internal and external stakeholders; track and ensure timely follow-up on action items and projects. Stakeholders will include Marigold’s product, corporate, and business development teams, as well as consultants and vendors.
- Research, and prepare information for internal and external needs, which may include compiling data or writing reports, formatting employee communications, editing, proofreading and other information preparation duties
- Provide back-office and operational support to the ClinOps team nationally, equipping us to deliver high-quality services as we scale from 100 patients engaged a month to over 1,000 by the end of the year
- Complete eligibility checks for our members
- Coordinate schedules and manage the calendars across the ClinOps leadership team, and for our peers
- Plan, organize, and coordinate programming, travel and events for the ClinOps team
- Provide backend support for peer team workflows, e.g. creating spreadsheets and call cohorts, identifying opportunities for automation
- Work with Marigold’s corporate team to ensure compliance with criteria for billing, including member eligibility checks and validating counts of billable touchpoints with members
- Plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with multiple deadlines
- Manage relationships with key vendors and third parties
- Monitor and coordinate various office management tasks, including personnel matters and other sensitive, discreet or confidential tasks, as assigned by the ClinOps leadership team
Reporting, Schedule and Location: This is a full-time opportunity reporting to the Clinical Director. Most team members work virtually from home and are located on the east coast and internationally. You can work remotely anywhere in the US. Most team members primarily work virtually from home and attend periodic in-person programming. If you prefer in-person work for any portion of the week, we currently have offices in Delaware, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts. You should expect to be available during east coast hours. As COVID-19 protections ease, travel to partner providers and Marigold’s offices nationally will be part of this role. Travel costs will be covered by the company.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience;e.g. in a senior administrative position, ideally in a remote work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, specifically when relaying and delegating information and responsibilities amongst multiple parties
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Teams
- Experience in healthcare and in handling protected health information (PHI)
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive; can work independently and make decisions quickly in confidential, organized, and detailed manner
- Extremely detail-oriented
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Strong business acumen and understanding of operational issues
- Experience in a remote healthcare setting, health tech or other early-stage, venture-backed startup
- Experience working with mission driven health care organizations
- Experience with recovery-oriented work environments
- Personal lived experience with mental health or substance use recovery
- Fluency in Spanish
Nice to Have
Who You Are
- Motivated by Marigold’s mission and core values
- Professional and patient when interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive in self-directing your work to areas of high impact
- Methodical and organized within an unstructured environment
- Prompt, responsive, curious and communicative, especially about new things
Compensation, Benefits and Culture
- The base salary range for this role is $55-70K, depending on experience. In addition, as part of our early team, this role will include equity (ownership) in the company.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage, including fully covered premiums for individuals and 50% coverage for any dependents
- A dedicated mental health benefit
- 4 weeks of PTO, with additional sick time and 2 floating holidays
- Computer and equipment provided
- Company travel budget and professional development budget as needed
After you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the hiring manager and select members of the team. If it seems like we’re a good fit for each other, we will follow up and schedule a 15-30 minute phone call with one of our leaders to get to know you.
If we jointly decide to move forward, you can plan to (virtually) attend a 45 minute video interview with the Clinical Director. The final stage would be to meet (2-4) other members of the team via video conference for additional conversations about your approach to collaboration, your relevant experience to current projects, and alignment with our values. All in, you can expect the time commitment for this stage to be 3-4 hours of synchronous interaction, scheduled to fit your needs.
If you complete interviews, we will provide a decision or clear next step within five business days.
We are ready to hire as soon as we find the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
More About Our Company
Marigold Health is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup providing services for a range of community based mental health and substance use treatment providers as well as national health insurers. We collaborate with eminent investigators at Brown University and Johns Hopkins and have been publicly recognized by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the American Psychiatric Association.
Our program is a combination of 1-1 coaching and 24/7 anonymous chat support groups accessed over phone, SMS, and app/web. On the backend, proprietary natural language processing tools scale our peer workforce by augmenting group moderation, automating patient outreach, and sending sentiment-based “alerts” to coordinate care with other providers. Following strong results from our first clinical studies, we are entering a period of rapid growth, and expect to expand from 2 states today to 12 by this time next year.
Our core values are authenticity, candor, and ambition. Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). We must have diversity on our team and in our mindsets to be successful in moving the needle on the deeply entrenched and systematic challenges we face.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email Holly[at] marigoldhealth.com for more info.