Technical Product Manager
Marigold Health is looking for a Technical Product Manager to manage and coordinate across the product offerings and technical services and components of our platform. We operate using a mix of built and licensed tools, and are looking for our first full-time technical team hire in India, to ensure cohesion and quality, and that we are meeting the needs of our end users, both internal and external. You will manage the execution of our product development, and help to strengthen the operational infrastructure of our Product team. You will apply your project management expertise to make the teams you work with are as successful and effective as they can be. This work is perfect for someone with technical product or project management skills in either mobile or consumer experiences. We’re ideally looking for someone who is familiar with working in an early-stage company environment. There is room in this role for mentorship, and you’ll be working directly with the executive team on a daily basis. If you’re excited about how technology can be used to support people through mental health and substance abuse treatment, we want to hear from you.
Reporting, Schedule and Location: This is a full-time opportunity reporting to our Chief Product Officer. This position is based in India. You will be expected to meet in person, once a week at most, in Mumbai, ideally in Juhu, Andheri, or Vile Parle. You will work remotely for the time being, either at home or we can discuss coworking space arrangements. There will also be quarterly travel to work with the developer team in Ahmedabad. Most Marigold team members work virtually from home and are located on the east coast and internationally.
Marigold Health exists to give every person with a mental health or substance use condition a place to feel heard. We have designed an asynchronous-first treatment program where patients support each other. We believe peers, individuals in recovery themselves who have received training to support others, can empower and engage those least likely to interact with current forms of care.
What You’ll Do
- Project manage across engineering and product team(s) to ensure effective delivery of work—including on time, on budget, fully tested, and meeting all success criteria.
- Identify project objectives and make project plans. Establish milestones and drive sensible deadlines, articulate scope, success criteria, timeline, owners, risks, and the steps to mitigate those risks at each stage. Use appropriate project management methodology and technical design tools.
- Break down scope into tasks and manage prioritization and execution. Maintain and groom backlogs, making strategic trade-offs to address issues that arise.
- Identify roadblocks and drive resolution, by either managing directly or ensuring a clear hand-off to the right owner.
- Transform raw, unstructured information into clear technical documentation (e.g., functional requirements, technical specifications, design approach, etc.) and project requirements (e.g., roadmap, stakeholder and ownership clarity).
- Own internal testing including QAing of software, evaluating that it fulfills the intention of the project.
- Maintain clear, effective channels of communication with your team, leadership, and partners, including facilitating kickoffs, recurring status updates, ad-hoc meetings to unblock issues, and retrospectives.
- Run meetings that balance the discussion of technical details with high-level strategy and ongoing execution. Ensure the right information about the state of a project is delivered to the right audience at the right time (e.g., status, metrics, etc.).
- Work with vendors to ensure compliance and security protocols are being implemented and met.
Skills and Experience
- 5-7+ years of technical product/project management experience, in a mobile or consumer experience context and ideally in a high growth startup context, including experience coordinating Engineers and external parties.
- Demonstrated experience applying technology solutions and relevant business context to problems in order to meet the goals of the stakeholders, the needs of users, and Marigold’s values.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute on the highest impact work through project requirements definition, technical design and implementation discussions, and negotiating features (and their priority)—with a clear distinction between important and urgent.
- Ability to learn a new set of products, systems and processes related to a given project(i.e., components and features, functionality, key dependencies, and maintenance characteristics) to drive the team to success.
- You excel at both written and verbal communication, and know how to run effective meetings. You are comfortable with distributed, remote work across multiple time zones.
- Ability to coordinate and influence team members to ensure project delivery, reach consensus and give feedback across levels.
- Change management skills to guide and communicate mid-project changes, and adjust plans and expectations as needed.
- QA testing and acceptance process management experience.
- Team mindset and a commitment to the success of others, and enjoy collaborating on multiple diverse projects at the same time.
- Ability to move fluidly between the birds-eye view and the individual details: you can dive deep into technical issues as easily as you can understand and convey how a high-level plan meets the needs of a given project’s goals.
- You value the expertise of and enjoy learning from people with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Mobile development in React native, its core libraries, and Dart; app store deployment
- Web development with React
- Server development in Node.js, Express, Feathers, Postgres
- Common Vendors: Twillio, Pubnub, GetStream
- Experience with Git and SQL
At least a basic understanding of and exposure to most of Marigold’s current tech stack:
Compensation, Benefits and Culture
- The base salary range for this role is ₹25-35 lakhs, depending on experience. In addition, as part of our founding team, this role will include significant equity.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- 4 weeks of PTO plus paid company holidays, sick time and floating holidays
- Computer and equipment provided
- Company travel budget and professional development budget as needed
After you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the hiring manager and select members of the team. If it seems like we’re a good fit for each other, we will follow up and schedule a 15-30 minute phone call with one of our leaders to get to know you.
If we jointly decide to move forward, you can plan to (virtually) attend a 45 video interview with members from our Product Team. Next there will be a technical assessment tailored to how you best like to work (e.g. take home or live). The final stage would be to meet (2-4) other members of the team via video conference for additional conversations about your approach to collaboration, your relevant experience to current projects, and alignment with our values. All in, you can expect the time commitment for this stage to be 3-4 hours of synchronous interaction, scheduled to fit your needs.
If you complete interviews, we will provide a decision or clear next step within five business days.
We are ready to hire as soon as we find the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
More About Our Company
Marigold Health is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup providing services for a range of community based mental health and substance use treatment providers as well as national health insurers. We collaborate with eminent investigators at Brown University and Johns Hopkins and have been publicly recognized by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the American Psychiatric Association.
Our program is a combination of 1-1 coaching and 24/7 anonymous chat support groups accessed over phone, SMS, and app/web. On the backend, proprietary natural language processing tools scale our peer workforce by augmenting group moderation, automating patient outreach, and sending sentiment-based “alerts” to coordinate care with other providers. Following strong results from our first clinical studies, we are entering a period of rapid growth, and expect to expand from 2 states today to 12 by this time next year.
Our core values are authenticity, candor, and ambition. Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). We must have diversity on our team and in our mindsets to be successful in moving the needle on the deeply entrenched and systematic challenges we face.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.