Product Marketing Manager
Remote (USA) /
Marigold is hiring a Product Marketing Manager to help drive strategy and execution of campaigns to reach our target markets and expand our ability to support people with mental health and substance use conditions. The ideal candidate will have the skills and experience to execute a variety of marketing campaigns aimed at driving enrollment, retention and growth, including social ads, SEO, OOH, and building Marigold’s organic social media and newsletter. The role requires an ability to understand the current technical capabilities and long-term roadmap of our product, as well as an understanding of Marigold’s business and operational requirements.
As a member of the product team, you’ll excel at cross-functional collaboration. You’ll work closely with the business development, corporate, and clinical operations teams to develop and deliver value to the Marigold Health community through marketing campaigns and product launches. By extracting insights from Marigold user data and studying our target markets, you will be an expert on the Marigold member, peer and provider journeys: who they are, what they want and need, and why and how they use Marigold Health. You’ll adeptly use data to inform and refine campaign strategies.
You will need to be an excellent strategic thinker and an equally strong communicator in order to propose, formulate and execute highly impactful campaigns. If you have experience driving growth and engagement for an online community or are interested in using your exceptional marketing skills to help people in recovery, Marigold Health may be the right fit for you.
Marigold Health exists to give every person with a mental health or substance use condition a place to feel heard. We have designed an asynchronous-first treatment program where patients support each other. We believe peers, individuals in recovery themselves who have received training to support others, can empower and engage those least likely to interact with current forms of care.
What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally to build and enhance Marigold’s marketing assets and campaigns
- Manage paid digital ad and media campaigns
- Manage and build Marigold’s organic social media presence
- Build and manage Marigold’s online newsletter
- Manage Marigold’s website
- Lead search engine optimization (SEO)
- Manage select out of home (OOH) marketing campaigns
- Work with product, design and business development counterparts to define and build Marigold’s visual brand identity
- Report on results and use learnings to optimize future campaigns
- Translate technical and clinical concepts and case studies into clear, concise messaging on the value of becoming a Marigold Health member, partner or provider
- Establish specific goals for out of home, organic and paid social media, SEO, newsletter, and other marketing campaigns to drive growth, enrollment, retention and other key business metrics
- Work with product and data science colleagues to deploy a data-driven product marketing strategy
- Gather competitive and market insights that reveal customer needs and inform new product enhancements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Reporting, Schedule and Location: This is a full-time opportunity reporting to the Chief of Staff, Product. Most team members work virtually from home and are located on the east coast and internationally. You can work remotely anywhere in the US. If you prefer in-person work for any portion of the week, we currently have offices in Delaware and Massachusetts. You should expect to be available during east coast hours. Travel to our peer sites may be a part of this role as COVID-19 protections ease. Travel costs will be covered by the company.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business, or a relevant field
- 2-5 years’ experience in marketing, preferably product marketing.
- Demonstrated success in positioning and launching products to achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated success utilizing marketing campaigns to drive growth
- Experience leading paid digital ad campaigns on Google, Facebook, Instagram, and other outlets
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices and experience leading SEO initiatives
- Experience writing copy for social media, email newsletters, pitches/presentations and website landing pages
- Experience managing a company website
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and priorities at once in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to distill complex concepts into clear and compelling messages
- Analytical and experimental mindset with strong attention to detail and problem-solving
- Strong presentation skills for both internal and external audiences
- Proficiency in remote work tools; ability to communicate effectively both sync and async, verbally and in written form
- Ability to self-direct work and prioritization based on highest impact
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in an early-stage startup
- Previous experience in a health, AI, or social networking organization
- Experience successfully applying for advertising certifications in specific industries (e.g.healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.)
- Experience working with product teams in agile workflows, including Scrum and Kanban.
Who You Are
- Motivated by our mission to give every single patient with a mental health condition a unique voice
- Professional and patient when interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive in self-directing your work to areas of high impact
- Intellectually curious, creative, and solution driven
- A team player who can thrive and stay organized within an unstructured environment
- Prompt, responsive, curious and communicative, especially about new things
Why You'll Love this Role
- Ability to use your business and marketing skills to support an overlooked population with a differentiated intervention
- Direct involvement with saving lives by deploying a first-of-its-kind treatment model
- Scalable impact as we grow nationally, using technology to expand our reach
- Contribute to and gain expertise from a diverse, interdisciplinary team that includes clinicians, data scientists, and peer workers
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture
- The base salary range for this role is $80,000 - $115,000 a year, depending on experience. In addition, as part of our founding team, this role will include ownership equity.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage, including fully covered premiums for individuals (with the option to cover dependents for a cost) and a dedicated mental health benefit
- 4 weeks of PTO, in addition to 7 paid company holidays, sick time, and floating holidays
- A 401(k)
- A dedicated $1000 annual stipend for wellness expenses
- Access to both Healthcare and Dependent Care FSAs
- Computer and equipment provided
- Company travel budget and professional development budget as needed
After you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the hiring manager and select members of the team. If it seems like we’re a good fit for each other, we will follow up and schedule a 15-30 minute phone call with one of our leaders to get to know you.
If we jointly decide to move forward, you can plan to (virtually) attend a 30-60 minute video interview with the Chief of Staff, Product. The final stage would be to meet (2-4) other members of the team via video conference for additional conversations about your approach to collaboration, your relevant experience to current projects, and alignment with our values. Candidates who reach this final stage will also be asked to complete a short take-home assignment (90 minutes max) that will help us further understand your approach to marketing challenges. All-in, you can expect the time commitment for the interview process to be approximately 4 hours of synchronous interaction, scheduled to fit your needs.
When you complete interviews, we will provide a decision or clear next step within five business days.
We are ready to hire as soon as we find the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
More About Our Company
Marigold Health is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup providing services for a range of community based mental health and substance use treatment providers as well as national health insurers. We collaborate with eminent investigators at Brown University and Johns Hopkins and have been publicly recognized by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the American Psychiatric Association.
Our program is a combination of 1-1 coaching and 24/7 anonymous chat support groups accessed over phone, SMS, and app/web. On the backend, proprietary natural language processing tools scale our peer workforce by augmenting group moderation, automating patient outreach, and sending sentiment-based “alerts” to coordinate care with other providers. Following strong results from our first clinical studies, we are entering a period of rapid growth, and expect to expand from 2 states today to 12 by this time next year.
Our core values are authenticity, candor, and ambition. Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). We must have diversity on our team and in our mindsets to be successful in moving the needle on the deeply entrenched and systematic challenges we face.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email tyler.maland[at] marigoldhealth.com for more info.