Outreach Peer - Northern DE
Delaware (remote, anywhere in state) /
Certified Peers /
FT or PT
Marigold Health is looking for an Outreach Peer to help people find their path to wellness and reduced substance use utilizing a new model for technology-enabled peer support.
Marigold Health exists to give every person with a mental health or substance use condition a place to feel heard.
Our work is focused on providing evidence-based, virtual peer support to people interested in recovery and/or in reducing harm from substance use.
We've designed a novel program that augments the work peers do with technology ranging from automated, interactive outreach to individuals to asynchronous, digital group discussions. Marigold's mobile app provides multiple avenues for people in recovery to build their recovery capital and expand their community networks.
What You'll Do
- Travel onsite to our provider partner locations across your assigned territory – as many as 8 to 10 visits per week
- Enroll new members in Marigold Recovery Support through site visits at partner agencies and direct phone/SMS outreach to new referrals
- Develop referral partnerships with local behavioral health and medical providers
- Work with Provider Account Managers to prioritize local events, agencies, and community activities that can increase awareness of Marigold
- Document results from enrollment activities
- Share feedback from providers and staff with Marigold teammates
- Collaboratively design fliers, brochures, and other collateral tailored to different populations to distribute in the community.
- Facilitate peer support groups in-person at select at provider sites
- Bring a “peer perspective” to the design of new digital interventions, technology tools and trainings
- Share personal lived experience with mental health and/or addiction to support others seeking/maintaining recovery
What You Have
- Minimum of 1 year working as a Peer Specialist or Recovery Coach or working towards certification for state which the role resides in
- Certification in your state of residence as a Certified Recovery Coach and/or as a Certified Peer Specialist
- Access to reliable transportation to travel onsite up to 75% of your scheduled time
- Comfort operating a smartphone, computer, and software tools such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to document member engagements in an electronic record
- A willingness to speak to your personal lived experience with mental health and/or substance use conditions
- An ability to work independently, combined with a comfort-level and clear understanding of when to reach out with questions or requests for clarification
- Reliable access to internet in a private space (we provide equipment, e.g. laptop)
- Demonstrated ability to create wellness plans and/or recovery goals
- Ability to adapt and prioritize tasks to meet the needs of members
- A willingness to work flexible scheduling as needed
- Experience delivering peer support digitally (e.g. on social media) is a significant plus
- Fluency in Spanish is a significant plus
- At Marigold, every voice is heard. We want and need to hear your perspective as a peer! You will play an active part in building a new technology program from the ground up.
- Remote work: As a remote employee, you have the flexibility to work from anywhere - no office or desk needed. We supply all team members with laptops and cell phones. Will be required to visit partner sites in person 5+ times per week.
- Ongoing learning: People at Marigold Health are curious and always learning. We make education and training part of our routine from monthly “Lunch and Learns” to role-based trainings and education.
- Full-time benefits: All full-time employees receive health, dental, and vision insurance, time off, and a mental health stipend.
- Competitive pay: The salary for this position is $43,000-$49,000 depending on experience. There is also variable, performance-based compensation attached to this position.
Marigold Health is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup providing services for a range of community-based mental health and substance use treatment providers as well as for managed care organizations. We collaborate with eminent investigators at Brown University and Johns Hopkins and have been publicly recognized by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the American Psychiatric Association.
Our core values are authenticity, candor, and ambition.
Regular travel to partner clinics is a significant part of this role. Staff traveling to partner clinics will also need to abide by COVID-19 safety policies at these facilities.
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). We must have diversity on our team and in our mindsets to be successful in moving the needle on the deeply entrenched and systematic challenges we face.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.