Senior Full-Stack Developer
FT (Remote Ok)
We’re looking for a senior full-stack developer to join us as part of the founding team to create & scale our core platform. Marigold Health exists to give every patient with a mental health or substance use condition (~25% of all American adults) a place to feel heard.
The product is a mobile platform for chat-based group support groups with a natural language processing (NLP) backend that automatically directs and visualizes clinically relevant sentiment within messages to inform providers. We sell directly to provider systems and payors so the most underserved patients can get 24/7, culturally competent support at no cost. Our NLP gives clinicians a 7-10x gain in patient capacity - allowing them the bandwidth to scale to the true magnitude of the mental health crisis.
The current team has roots in Johns Hopkins, and the clinical merit of our work has been recognized by organizations ranging from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to the American Psychiatric Association. We recently closed a seed round with top-tier VCs such as Felicis Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rock Health. We're already working with a range of providers, from a community mental health center to a nationally-recognized psychiatric facility.
We’re seeking someone creative & passionate to join our founding team FT.
As a senior Full-Stack developer, you’ll design, develop, and maintain the full gamut of our existing applications and codebase. You can be based anywhere in the continental US or India, and we will schedule regular trips to our HQ in Boston.
Our Boston HQ has 3 working FT, with additional team members distributed. We value empathy, creativity, independent thinking, diversity, candor, and ambition.
What You'll Do
- Ship elegant, scalable code within our core product
- Work with the engineering team to design, build, and launch new features.
- Directly work with design and healthcare executives during the design process.
- Help build and design the overall architecture of the application including supporting services, tools, documentation and tests.
- Understand and implement security and data protection.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience as a developer
- Highly experienced with React (React Native strongly preferred).
- Experience learning new technologies rapidly and moving quickly in an agile environment.
- Experience with:
- Node (Express, RESTful design, JWT tokens etc..)
- Containerized software (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Databases (PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of API design and development.
- Understanding of AWS services such as RDS, EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
- Preferred: Prior experience in integrations with systems such as Electronic Health Records (EHRs) and services like Twilio, pubnub, Virgil etc.
- Preferred: Experience building messaging platforms
- Preferred: Familiarity with technical requirements for healthcare and HIPAA compliance
- Preferred: 1+ years of experience at an early stage startup
Who You Are
- Immerse yourself in the products that you build
- Like solving challenging problems
- Motivated by our mission to give every single patient with a mental health condition a unique voice
- Consistently proactive, thriving in an unstructured environment
- Time is our most precious resource and perfect isn’t always possible: you’re adept at triaging, prioritizing, and iterating
- Ruthless in challenging assumptions when strategizing but act with conviction
- A quick learner, taking pride in understanding the trade-offs your teammates face in their roles, as well as the larger implications of your own work
- Scrappy, able to glean insights, test hypotheses, and demonstrate results with limited resources
What's In It for You
- Save lives by bringing support to those who would’ve never otherwise sought treatment
- Shape the organizational culture of a mission-driven team in its earliest days
- Work on a first-of-its-kind product that improves the lives of its users
- Significant equity as part of the founding team
- Competitive salary + perks with generous mental health benefit
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). Unless we have diversity on our team and in our mindsets as we work together to move the needle on a deeply entrenched, systematic issue, we will fail.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email email@example.com for more info.