Associate Product Manager
Remote (USA) /
Marigold Health is looking for our first Associate Product Manager to manage and coordinate across the product offerings, teams and services that create our platform. We operate using a mix of built and licensed tools, and are looking for someone to ensure cohesion and quality, and that we are meeting the needs of our end users, both internal and external. This work is perfect for someone early in their product career, looking for a growth path towards product ownership or senior product management. We’re ideally looking for someone who is familiar with working in an early-stage company environment and has had some exposure to the product development life-cycle, even if indirect. There is room in this role for mentorship, and you’ll be working directly with the executive team on a daily basis. If you’re excited about how technology can be used to support people through mental health and substance abuse treatment, we want to hear from you.
Marigold Health exists to give every person with a mental health or substance use condition a place to feel heard. We have designed an asynchronous-first treatment program where patients support each other. We believe peers, individuals in recovery themselves who have received training to support others, can empower & engage those least likely to interact with current forms of care.
What You'll Do
- Participate in the development of new products and enhancement of existing products
- Take ownership of the end-to-end product spec process, inclusive of writing clear feature requirements and user stories, minimum acceptance criteria, and thematic requirements
- Collect and triage requests from stakeholders, including clinical support peers, into the product backlog
- Translate requests into user stories for the team and maintain the task backlog
- Communicate between end users and the product team to ensure smooth releases, and expedient bug resolution
- Collaborate directly with developers across multiple timezones to test product iterations for quality and compliance specifications
- Support the roll out of new features to make sure peers and non-technical stakeholders are comfortable working with the new changes
- Maintain accurate and complete product related documentation for processes, feature releases, bug reports and so on
- Monitor and report on user feedback after launches ; perform quality assurance controls on products
- Contribute to administrative and operational tasks for the Product org as needed
Reporting, Schedule and Location: Reporting, Schedule and Location: This is a FT opportunity reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer. Most team members work virtually from home and are located on the east coast and internationally. Candidates can work remotely from anywhere in the United States but should expect to be available during east coast hours. On occasion you may need to communicate synchronously with team members and vendors based in India. As COVID-19 restrictions ease, occasional travel to company offices in Boston and Wilmington, DE, and potentially to client sites, should be expected. Travel costs will be covered by the company.
- 1-3 years of product experience, either in a product support, QA or junior PM capacity
- Ability to quickly grasp novel technology systems–we are a remote-first company with a range of tools and processes
- Experience gathering feedback from customers to organize user experience and feedback to lead product feature development
- Strong familiarity with tools like Jira, Asana, Figma, Microsoft Teams, Lever and Divvy
- Experience with common product processes and methods such as product lifecycle, sprints, human-centered design, backlog management, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-direct to areas of high impact
- Concise, clear, and efficient writing skills; excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Metrics driven and structured work processes; fluency with data
- Familiarity with handling Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Fluency in Spanish
- Motivated by our mission to give every single patient with a mental health condition a unique voice
- Professional and patient when interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive in self-directing work to areas of high impact
- Methodical and organized despite an unstructured environment
- Prompt, responsive, curious and communicative, especially about new things
- Be directly involved with saving lives by deploying a first-of-its-kind treatment model
- Have a scalable impact as we expand nationally, using technology to expand our reach
- Contribute to and gain expertise from a diverse, interdisciplinary team that includes clinicians, data scientists, and peer workers
Nice to have
Who You Are
Why You’ll Love This Role
Compensation, Benefits and Culture
- The base salary range for this role is $85-110K, depending on experience. In addition, as part of our founding team, this role will include ownership equity.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage, including fully covered premiums for individuals (with the option to cover dependents for a cost) and a dedicated mental health benefit
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Computer and equipment provided
- Company travel budget and professional development budget as needed
- After you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the hiring manager and select members of the team. If it seems like we’re a good fit for each other, we will follow up and schedule a 30 minute phone call with one of our leaders to get to know you.
- If we jointly decide to move forward, you can plan to (virtually) attend a 45 video interview with the Chief Product Officer. The final stage would be to meet (2-4) other members of the team via video conference for additional conversations about your approach to collaboration, your relevant experience to current projects, and alignment with our values. All in, you can expect the time commitment for this stage to be 3-4 hours of synchronous interaction, scheduled to fit your needs.
- If you complete interviews, we will provide a decision or clear next step within five business days.
- We are ready to hire as soon as we find the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Marigold Health is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup providing services for a range of community based mental health and substance use treatment providers as well as national health insurers. We collaborate with eminent investigators at Brown University and Johns Hopkins and have been publicly recognized by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the American Psychiatric Association.
Our program is a combination of 1-1 coaching and 24/7 anonymous chat support groups accessed over phone, SMS, and app/web. On the backend, proprietary natural language processing tools scale our peer workforce by augmenting group moderation, automating patient outreach, and sending sentiment-based “alerts” to coordinate care with other providers. Following strong results from our first clinical studies, we are entering a period of rapid growth, and expect to expand from 2 states today to 12 by this time next year.
Our core values are authenticity, candor, and ambition. Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). We must have diversity on our team and in our mindsets to be successful in moving the needle on the deeply entrenched and systematic challenges we face.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email siena [at] marigoldhealth.com.