Clinical & Research
We’re seeking a part-time medical officer to scale our research efforts. Marigold Health exists to give every patient with a mental health or substance use condition (~25% of all American adults) a place to feel heard.
Our product is a mobile platform for chat-based support groups with a natural language processing (NLP) backend that automatically detects and visualizes clinically-relevant sentiment within messages to inform providers. We sell directly to provider systems and payors so that the most underserved patients can get 24/7, culturally-competent support at no cost. Our NLP gives clinicians a 7-10x gain in patient capacity - allowing them the bandwidth to scale to the true magnitude of the mental health crisis.
The current team has roots in Johns Hopkins, and the clinical merit of our work has been recognized by organizations ranging from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to the American Psychiatric Association. We recently closed a seed round with top-tier VCs such as Felicis Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rock Health. We're already working with a range of providers, from a community mental health center, to a nationally-recognized psychiatric facility.
We’re seeking someone rigorous & curious to join our founding team FT.
Expect a mix of overseeing our current validation efforts, proactively identifying novel research funding opportunities, and representing Marigold from a clinical perspective.
Our Boston HQ has 3 working FT, with additional team members distributed. We value empathy, creativity, independent thinking, diversity, candor, and ambition.
What You'll Do
- Engage our product and design team to ensure our platform is clinically safe and efficacious
- Collaborate deeply with our data science team and current research partners at Johns Hopkins and Brown University on ongoing investigations
- Work with our Science Officer to define research questions complementary to business goals
- Organize a broader network of payor-level medical directors
- Communicate Marigold’s clinical value to policymakers and potential customers
- Disseminate findings on Marigold’s clinical outcomes from early sites
- Oversee Marigold’s escalation protocols for high-risk interactions and HIPAA compliance policies
- Medical Degree with 5+ years of clinical experience, with 2+ in a managed care environment
- 3+ years management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Superb at pitching products to potential clients
- Technically adept and experienced with web technologies
- Understanding of the software development process
- Strongly preferred: experience in outpatient/community-based settings
- Strongly preferred: 1+ years experience working with an early stage startup
Who You Are
- You know how to distill concepts down to their essence and pitch them to risk-averse stakeholders
- You’re motivated by our mission to give every single patient with a mental health condition a unique voice
- You take initiative and thrive in an unstructured environment
- Time is our most precious resource and perfect isn’t always possible: you’re adept at triaging, prioritizing, and iterating
- You’re ruthless in challenging assumptions when strategizing but act with conviction
- You learn quickly, and take pride in understanding the trade-offs your teammates face in their roles, as well as the larger implications of your own work
- You know how to glean insights, test hypotheses, and demonstrate results with limited resources
What's In It for You
- Shape the organizational culture of a mission-driven team in its early days
- Competitive compensation - potential for PT to convert to FT with equity
- Save lives by bringing support to those who would’ve never otherwise sought treatment
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). Unless we have diversity on our team and in our mindsets as we work together to move the needle on a deeply entrenched, systematic issue, we will fail.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.