We’re looking for a hands-on office manager to serve as the glue holding our team together. Marigold Health exists to give every patient with a mental health or substance use condition (~25% of all American adults) a place to feel heard.That product is a mobile platform for chat-based group support groups with a natural language processing (NLP) backend that automatically directs and visualizes clinically relevant sentiment within messages to inform providers. We sell directly to provider systems and payors so the most underserved patients can get 24/7, culturally competent support at no cost. Our NLP gives clinicians a 7-10x gain in patient capacity - allowing them the bandwidth to scale to the true magnitude of the mental health crisis.
The current team has roots in Johns Hopkins, and the clinical merit of our work has been recognized by organizations ranging from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to the American Psychiatric Association. We recently closed a seed round with top-tier VCs such as Felicis Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rock Health. We're already working with a range of providers, from a community mental health center, to a nationally-recognized psychiatric facility.
We’re seeking someone detail-oriented & proactive to join our founding team FT.
You’ll have wide latitude in making sure Marigold runs smoothly in areas ranging from employee onboarding to vendor relationships
Our Boston HQ has 3 working FT, with additional team members distributed. We value empathy, creativity, independent thinking, diversity, candor, and ambition.
What You'll Do
- Act as a force multiplier for Marigold by wearing multiple hats in employee onboarding, HR, business development, and marketing as needed
- Negotiate and manage relationships with vendors and service providers
- Ideate on modifications to our physical office to create an environment people are energized to work in
- Implement policies and procedures to optimize internal company operations
- Work with the founding team to ensure policies are consistent with company values
- Serve as a check on existing processes to drive iteration
- Organize events and schedule meetings
- 3+ years of office management or administration experience (1+ years at an early stage startup preferred)
- Knowledge of accounting, data, and administrative management practices and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Superb organization, planning, and logistics skills
- Previous experience in or passion for HR a plus
- Preferred: 1+ years experience within an early-stage startup
Who You Are
- Meticulous could be your middle name - nothing slips through the cracks
- You’re motivated by our mission to give every single patient with a mental health condition a unique voice.
- You seize the initiative and thrive in an unstructured environment
- Time is our most precious resource and perfect isn’t always possible: you’re adept at triaging, prioritizing, and iterating
- You’re ruthless in challenging assumptions when strategizing but act with conviction
- You learn quickly, and take pride in understanding the trade-offs your teammates face in their roles, as well as the larger implications of your own work
- You know how to glean insights, test hypotheses, and demonstrate results with limited resources
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). Unless we have diversity on our team and in our mindsets as we work together to move the needle on a deeply entrenched, systematic issue, we will fail.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.