Peer Services Manager
Remote (USA) /
Peer Team /
Great leadership opportunity for recovery coaches and peers to have a voice and make a difference!
Marigold Health is looking for an experienced recovery coach and/or peer specialist to lead programming with strong attention to strategy, implementation, and delegation via a new model for technology-enabled peer support.
Marigold Health exists to give every person with a mental health or substance use condition a place to feel heard.
Our work is focused on providing evidence-based, virtual peer support to people interested in recovery and/or in reducing harm from substance use.
We've designed a novel program that augments the work peers do with technology ranging from automated, interactive outreach to individuals to asynchronous, digital group discussions. Marigold's mobile app provides multiple avenues for people in recovery to build their recovery capital and expand their community networks.
Benefits/Perks You'll Receive
- At Marigold, every voice is heard. We want and need to hear your perspective as a peer! You will play an active part in building a new technology program from the ground up.
- Remote work: As a remote employee, you have the flexibility to work from anywhere - no office or desk needed. We supply all team members with laptops and cell phones.
- Ongoing learning: People at Marigold Health are curious and always learning. We make education and training part of our routine from monthly “Lunch and Learns” to role-based trainings and education.
- Fun: We work hard and have a good time while doing so. From monthly game breaks to virtual meme sharing, there's always room for fun.
- Full-time benefits: All full-time employees receive health and dental insurance, unlimited paid time off, and a mental health stipend.
What You'll Do
- Onboard, supervise, and grow a team of Peer Specialists and Recovery Coaches trained to deliver integrated peer services under Marigold’s novel tech-enabled approach
- Allocate a working budget to develop and implement new policies around peer operations, initially focused on patient acquisition and peer onboarding as our program launches in new states
- Represent Marigold as a program by forming relationships with community based organizations, BH/SUD treatment providers, and others to develop a network of preferred referral partners
What You'll Have
- Active Certification for at least 4 years as a Recovery Coach and/or as a Certified Peer Specialist is required
- Experience supervising Certified Peer Specialists and/or Recovery Coaches
- 5+ years in a management role
- Reliable access to internet in a private space (we will provide equipment, e.g a laptop computer and phone)
- Familiarity/comfort operating a smartphone, computer, and using software tools such as Microsoft Office
- A willingness to speak to your personal lived experience with mental health and/or substance use conditions
- An ability to work independently, combined with a comfort-level and clear understanding of when to reach out with questions or requests for clarification
- Experience delivering peer support digitally (e.g. on social media) is a significant plus
- Fluency in Spanish is a significant plus
More About Marigold Health
Marigold Health is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup providing services for a range of community based mental health and substance use treatment providers as well as for managed care organizations. We collaborate with eminent investigators at Brown University and Johns Hopkins and have been publicly recognized by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the American Psychiatric Association.
Our core values are authenticity, candor, and ambition.
We have an office in Boston, but during the COVID 19 epidemic most of our team members work virtually from their homes. When COVID-19 restrictions relax, team members will be expected to attend occasional meetings at the office but will for the most part be able to continue working virtually.
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). We must have diversity on our team and in our mindsets to be successful in moving the needle on the deeply entrenched and systematic challenges we face.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email jessica[AT] marigoldhealth.com for more info.