Product and Data Analytics Lead
Remote (USA) /
Marigold Health is looking for our first data analytics lead within our product team, who will use data to improve internal decision-making across the org, in particular between our product and clinical operations teams. As we continue to expand our offering into new states, the amount of data we're generating continues to grow too. This person will be the product owner for our data insights, creating and automating data workflows and best practices to ensure our health plan customers, referring treatment providers, and front-line peer coaches have easy access to useful insights they need and expect. This work is perfect for someone who is self-directed, and excited about being a bridge between our teams and to our external stakeholders, and who understands the importance of thoughtful data analysis in delivering exceptional care. We’re ideally looking for someone has worked in healthcare data analysis, ideally at a payor, EMR vendor, or large-scale provider. If you’re excited about how data can be used to support people through mental health and substance use treatment, we want to hear from you.
Marigold Health exists to give every person with a mental health or substance use condition a place to feel heard. We have designed an asynchronous-first treatment program where patients support each other. We believe peers, individuals in recovery themselves who have received training to support others, can empower & engage those least likely to interact with current forms of care.
What You'll Do
- Design and own workflows for operationalizing the collection of data, and conducting reporting and analysis. Corral data from numerous sources, including our own app, our patient relationship management system, our analytics tools and our Teams workspace
- Extract, transform and load data from multiple sources and generate actionable insights for leadership, most closely with the CPO and CMO
- Help design and implement a single source for data using a unique Marigold identifier
- Maintain best practices and reporting for key company KPIs
- Create clear, easy-to-use, accurate reports, slides, dashboards and other data visualizations for various internal and external needs. Ensure high standards for data integrity and quality control for all reports, and self-direct toward high impact opportunities, based on weekly, monthly, quarterly goals
- Embed within different departments to improve product design workflows, develop features and generate actionable reports
- Work with vendors to ensure our peers and clinician needs are being met, including working with our Care Documentation platform to define workflow changes and gather feedback from the clinical team
- Support development of product roadmap
- Contribute to grant writing for federally-funded clinical studies
- Design outcomes measures for our clinical studies
Potential areas (based on candidate)
Reporting, Schedule and Location: This is a FT opportunity reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer. Most team members work virtually from home and are located on the east coast and internationally. Candidates can work remotely from anywhere in the United States but should expect to be available during east coast hours. On occasion you may need to communicate synchronously with team members and vendors based in India. As COVID-19 restrictions ease, occasional travel to company offices in Boston and Wilmington, DE, and potentially to client sites, should be expected. Travel costs will be covered by the company.
- At least 3-5 years of experience creating high-quality and standalone data insights, with at least 1 year in a healthcare setting, including handling Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Strong experience with at least one query-based language and ability to run queries independently
- Comfort with a dynamic, ever-changing environment where processes need to be built from the ground up
- Ability to work autonomously, check your own work without oversight and consistently deliver error-free output
- Track record of systems thinking; ability to research and draft solutions independently while thinking holistically
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in prose, and of course via data reports
- Experience with NCQA, HEDIS or other healthcare quality metrics, particularly within managed Medicaid
- SqL, other DB-level technical skills
- Familiarity with tools like Jira, Asana, Figma, Microsoft Teams, Lever and Divvy
- Motivated by our mission to give every single patient with a mental health condition a unique voice
- Professional and patient when interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive in self-directing work to areas of high impact
- Methodical and organized despite an unstructured environment
- Prompt, responsive, curious and communicative, especially about new things
- Be directly involved with saving lives by deploying a first-of-its-kind treatment model
- Have a scalable impact as we expand nationally, using technology to expand our reach
- Contribute to and gain expertise from a diverse, interdisciplinary team that includes clinicians, data scientists, and peer workers
- Opportunity to grow within a startup environment. Possible paths after successfully working in this role include business development, technical product management, clinical quality, and operations.
- The base salary range for this role is $90-120K depending on experience. In addition, as part of our founding team, this role will include ownership equity.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage, including fully covered premiums for individuals (with the option to cover dependents for a cost) and a dedicated mental health benefit
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Computer and equipment provided
- Company travel budget and professional development budget as needed
Nice to have
Who You Are
Why You’ll Love This Role
Compensation, Benefits and Culture
After you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the hiring manager and select members of the team. If it seems like we’re a good fit for each other, we will follow up and schedule a 30 minute phone call with one of our leaders to get to know you.
If we jointly decide to move forward, you can plan to (virtually) attend a 45-minute video interview with the Chief Product Officer. If you continue beyond this stage, there will be a take-home assessment.
The final stage is to meet (2-4) other members of the team via video conference for additional conversations about your approach to collaboration, your relevant experience to current projects, and alignment with our values. All in, you can expect the time commitment for this stage to be 2-4 hours of synchronous interaction, scheduled to fit your needs.
If you complete all of these interviews, we will provide a decision or clear next step within five business days. We are ready to hire as soon as we find the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
More About Our Company
Marigold Health is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup providing services for a range of community based mental health and substance use treatment providers as well as national health insurers. We collaborate with eminent investigators at Brown University and Johns Hopkins and have been publicly recognized by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the American Psychiatric Association.
Our program is a combination of 1-1 coaching and 24/7 anonymous chat support groups accessed over phone, SMS, and app/web. On the backend, proprietary natural language processing tools scale our peer workforce by augmenting group moderation, automating patient outreach, and sending sentiment-based “alerts” to coordinate care with other providers. Following strong results from our first clinical studies, we are entering a period of rapid growth, and expect to expand from 2 states today to 12 by this time next year.
Our core values are authenticity, candor, and ambition. Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). We must have diversity on our team and in our mindsets to be successful in moving the needle on the deeply entrenched and systematic challenges we face.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email Satya[at] or Ravi[at]marigoldhealth.com for more info.