Recovery Community Manager
FT or Contract
We’re looking for a Recovery Community Manager to help recruit & engage patients with substance use conditions to an online support group.
Marigold Health exists to give every patient with a mental health or substance use condition (~25% of American adults) a place to feel heard. This role is an opportunity to join a laser-focused + mission-driven startup team in the early days.
We've built an app allowing patients currently in outpatient substance use treatment to join an online community of text-based support groups 24/7. We combine this community with AI tools that automatically detect clinically relevant sentiment within messages, so providers can safely offer Marigold to their patients at no charge to them.
We're an early-stage startup, founded by a team out of Johns Hopkins, with the potential of our new approach has been recognized by organizations ranging from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to the American Psychiatric Association. Our investors include top-tier venture capitalists such as Felicis Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rock Health. We've just conducted our first rollouts, including a community-based substance use treatment provider and a nationally-recognized psychiatric facility.
Our Boston HQ has 4 working FT, with additional team members distributed. We value authenticity, candor, and ambition.
What You'll Do
- Approach patients and sign them up for Marigold onsite at partner clinics
- Engage patients once they are in the app as Marigold members
- Train the most active members to act as "peer moderators", i.e. community leaders
- Convey the concerns of provider partners onsite to the larger team and work to implement solutions
- Act as the voice of the Marigold member for the team as a whole
What You Have
- A burning desire to improve mental health and substance use care for patients
- 1+ years experience in hospitality, retail, or customer support a strong plus
- Candidates in recovery themselves are strongly encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated skills at online community management in any setting - e.g. existing recovery forums, your personal social media, etc.
- A high degree of empathy and patience - this role requires being nonjudgmental while explaining new concepts to others
- Familiarity with technology, an ability to quickly grasp our app and troubleshoot common technical challenges as they arise
- Strong oral communication abilities for representing Marigold to providers and patients onsite
- Strong written communication abilities for interacting with patients and providers on Marigold
- Strong punctuality and work ethic - this role is customer-facing and requires frequent local travel
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). Persons with lived experience with mental health or substance use conditions are specifically encouraged to apply. Unless we have diversity on our team and in our mindsets as we work together to move the needle on a deeply entrenched, systematic issue, we will fail.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email shrenik [AT] marigoldhealth.com for more info.