Toronto, Ontario - Remote /
We are a software company focused on helping other small businesses grow. We need a copywriter that can connect and resonate with our customer base.
Working with our Marketing and Product teams, you will write, maintain and update compelling copy and illustrations on our website, App Store listings, Catalog listings, Newsletters, Emails, Blogs, and other supporting sales & marketing materials.
You will ensure that both positioning and messaging is updated, consistent and cohesive across that content.
You write in a friendly, relatable, succinct yet persuasive tone. You understand the pressure and stress that small businesses experience and avoid "enterprisy" terms and drivel that have no meaning to that audience.
You will fit into this role if you are curious and like to understand how things work, friendly, approachable, and a quick learner.
What Success Looks Like:
- By 6 Months, you have updated our most visited or important content, including some imagery to match our revised positioning.
- By 12 Months, you will have updated all Marketing and Sales content with an eye towards consistency and cohesiveness across the board. You will have also produced a few short whitepapers.
Must Have Skills:
- Friendly and relatable writing style
- Very familiar with Mac as a productivity platform
- A good understanding of SEO principles
- Some familiarity with image/video editing tools
Nice to Have Skills:
- HTML/CSS/Markdown savvy
- Some familiarity with "Jobs To Be Done" theory
- Some familiarity with the "Getting Thing sDone" methodology
- 5+ years of professional experience as a copywriter.
- Has recent examples of your sales & marketing copy (and willing to share upon request).
Marketcircle Inc. is a fun and distributed tech company. We believe in the power of Kaizen, teamwork, creativity, ownership, and empathy. By embodying these core values we know we impact the lives of our customers, and each other.
Our mission is to empower small business worldwide which drives us to develop a native macOS and iOS app that helps thousands create organization of what would otherwise be chaos.
Tired of a long commute to work? As long as you have reliable internet, and can work between 10:00AM - 3:00PM EST (core hours), you can work from anywhere! Though we are mostly remote, our team tries to meet up in the office every now and again to share some laughs, build camaraderie and eat some good food! We also make it a point to do activities together, like axe throwing, escape rooms, evenings out, etc.
Marketcircle provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 905-480-5555 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.