Senior Software Developer (macOS)
Remote - Canada /
Want to make an impact by working for a small company that values autonomy and working collaboratively to solve challenging problems? Love learning new technologies and using the latest APIs from WWDC? Then you’ll fit right into the Marketcircle team!
We’ve been a fully remote company for over five years and have learned a lot, empowering team members with the freedom and flexibility to work in the way that’s best for them. We prioritize true research and development over strict adherence to agile or rigid methodologies.
We are looking for someone who excels at software design, execution, and coaching others for the development of our Daylite apps. As part of this role you will be a key individual contributor to building Daylite for macOS and iOS. These are full featured productivity apps taking advantage of the latest and greatest platform features, with new work being done with SwiftUI.
To ensure success as a Senior Software Developer for Apple Platforms, you should have an extensive track record of shipping apps for macOS and have experience working with AppKit and UIKit, Objective-C and Swift. Bonus points for experience with SwiftUI.
- Software design and development of new functionality in Daylite for macOS and iOS
- Maintaining and improving the software quality of Daylite
- Writing and maintaining reliable Objective-C and Swift code
- Supporting and coaching up other developers
- Have 8+ years of development experience
- Extensive experience building macOS apps (iOS experience is also a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Proficiency with code versioning tools: Git, GitHub
- Familiarity with MVC, declarative programming, relational databases, REST APIs, and testing tools
- Are comfortable working remotely (100% remote work environment, but located within Canada) as well as being comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
- Reside within Canada
Marketcircle Inc. is a fun and distributed tech company. We believe in the power of Kaizen, teamwork, creativity, ownership, and empathy. By embodying these core values we know we impact the lives of our customers, and each other.
Our mission is to empower small business worldwide which drives us to develop a native macOS and iOS app that helps thousands create organization of what would otherwise be chaos.
Tired of a long commute to work? As long as you have reliable internet, and can work between 10:00AM - 3:00PM EST (core hours), you can work from anywhere! Though we are mostly remote, our team tries to meet up in the office every now and again to share some laughs, build camaraderie and eat some good food! We also make it a point to do activities together, like axe throwing, escape rooms, evenings out, etc.
Marketcircle provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 905-480-5555 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.