Customer Success Manager
New York, NY /
Customer Success – Value Stream Manager /
Marketing Evolution provides the most powerful marketing measurement and optimization solutions that increase campaign performance, sales, and engagement. Leveraging patented technology and data from hundreds of sources, our breakthrough person-centric approach provides marketers with actionable insights to prospectively recommend media, message, and budget allocation. Forward-looking brands rely on Marketing Evolution to deliver accurate unified marketing measurement across both online and offline channels, while maximizing their media spend, marketing Return on Investment (ROI), and brand impact.
About the Role
Reporting into the Technical Account Manager (TAM) and Strategic Account Manager (SAM), the Customer Success Manager (CSM) is the day-to-day operational lead for customer deliverables. They take ownership of all delivery details associated with their assigned customers and are the expert in their customer’s business. The CSM coordinates all activities associated with Marketing Evolution delivering against client objectives/requirements. This is the perfect opportunity to join a growth oriented company, work with some of the biggest brands in the world, and gain experience with the next generation of data-driven decision making.
- Customer Management - Understand the customer’s requirements and operating cadence, key milestones and business objectives and deliver within those guidelines.
- Marketing Evolution product knowledge - Serve as an expert on the Marketing Evolution platform, its functionality and use. Reinforce standard operating procedures, key inputs, product release cycles and data inputs.
- Project Management - Determine critical inputs required to support the customer’s business objectives and monitor each to ensure they have been received and are complete.
- Issue exploration - As anomalies appear, research and understand what may have caused the anomaly and proactively drive to a conclusion, supported by other subject matter experts.
- Workflow management - As part of the project management responsibilities associated with customer delivery, maintain status of all tasks and objectives in the workflow system (JIRA) for full organizational visibility.
- Documentation - Primary owner for documenting, updating and maintaining all customer records as the customer’s requirements change and our processes evolve.
- 3-5 years of experience at an agency or a service provider or in the marketing department of a brand
- You are not just comfortable with technology - you embrace it as a means to efficiency and understand its importance as a standard operating procedure.
- You take pride in being a top performer and a subject matter expert.
- You’re comfortable with what you know and what you don’t and you’re able to articulate it well, both 1:1 and in a group.
- Previous experience with media and marketing channels - how they are purchased, leveraged and measured to drive optimal marketing outcomes.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Adept at communicating verbally and in writing
- Experience with JIRA a bonus
- Strong time management - the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
How we Measure Success
Performance is measured on both leading and lagging indicators. It’s the primary mission of every for-profit business to grow - and the measure of that for Customer Success is Net Recurring Revenue (NRR). This means positive year over year revenue growth from existing customers. Positive NRR is achieved through performance against 3 business KPIs: 1) Customer Retention, 2) Customer Expansion and 3) Customer Satisfaction (NPS). While all are important measures, these KPIs are all lagging indicators of traction toward our NRR goal so we also incorporate leading indicators to give us early insight on performance against objectives. CSMs are measured against the KPIs above as well as a series of leading indicators associated with them - such as on-time delivery and work quality.
Marketing Evolution is an equal opportunity employer.