Director, Customer Success
New York, NY /
Customer Success – Value Stream Manager /
Marketing Evolution provides the most powerful marketing measurement and optimization solutions that increase campaign performance, sales, and engagement. Leveraging patented technology and data from hundreds of sources, our breakthrough person-centric approach provides marketers with actionable insights to prospectively recommend media, message, and budget allocation. Forward-looking brands rely on Marketing Evolution to deliver accurate unified marketing measurement across both online and offline channels, while maximizing their media spend, marketing Return on Investment (ROI), and brand impact.
About the Role
The Director, Customer Success is the “COO” for a vertical book of business. Reporting into the Strategic Account Manager (SAM), the Director is ultimately responsible for the customer’s adoption and usage of the Marketing Evolution platform and provides guidance on how to activate the recommendations provided. They also manage Customer Success Managers to coordinate all customer delivery activities necessary to meet the customer’s contracted services. If you take pride in seeing a customer leverage your work to meet their goals and knowing that you contributed to their success, this is the role for you.
- Customer Management - Understand the customer’s requirements and operating cadence, key milestones and business objectives and deliver within those guidelines.
- Marketing Evolution product knowledge - Serve as an expert on the Marketing Evolution platform, its functionality and use. Reinforce standard operating procedures, key inputs, product release cycles and data inputs.
- Project Management - Determine critical inputs required to support the customer’s business objectives and manage a team focused on regular customer delivery to ensure they have been received and are complete.
- Customer Lifecycle management - As an important part of a new customer’s on-boarding experience, you will provide continuity and be responsible for the customer throughout their Marketing Evolution journey.
- Team management - Lead a cross-functional team to achieve and/or exceed client deliverables and develop strong relationships, internally and externally. Committed to doing whatever you can to help your team perform well and grow professionally.
- 7+ years of business experience in marketing, at an agency or a service provider preferred
- You’ve led teams and know what it takes to align, motivate and develop talent
- You are not just comfortable with technology - you embrace it as a means to efficiency.
- You take pride in being a top performer and a subject matter expert.
- You are motivated by success, quality and curiosity – you want to understand it fully so you can do it properly.
- You know that success lives at the intersection of speed and quality and act accordingly.
- You take pride in seeing a customer leverage your work to meet their goals because you know that you’ve done your job well and contributed to their success.
- You also take pride in seeing your team perform well and grow professionally. You’re committed to do whatever you can to help them on their journey.
- Previous experience with media and marketing channels - how they are purchased, leveraged and measured to drive optimal marketing outcomes.
- You understand business metrics and how important it is to keep every customer satisfied and growing
- Strong analytical skills, with previous experience with marketing analytics and attribution strategy
- Open, clear, proactive communication and the ability to positively influence others
How we Measure Success
Performance is measured on both leading and lagging indicators. It’s the primary mission of every for-profit business to grow - and the measure of that for Customer Success is Net Recurring Revenue (NRR). This means positive year over year revenue growth from existing customers.
Positive NRR is achieved through performance against 3 business KPIs:
1) Customer Retention
2) Customer Expansion
3) Customer Satisfaction (NPS).
While all are important measures, these KPIs are all lagging indicators of traction toward our NRR goal so we also incorporate leading indicators to give us early insight on performance against objectives. Directors are measured against the KPIs above as well as a series of leading indicators associated with them.
Marketing Evolution is an equal opportunity employer.