Engineering – Software Engineering
Markforged is liberating designers and engineers from the long lead times and high costs of traditional manufacturing. We build cutting-edge next generation cloud connected industrial 3D printers that produce parts 50x faster that are 23x stronger and 20x lower-cost. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged printers to produce same-day prototypes and stronger end-use parts than ever before.
Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Software Engineering team, you would be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services.
As a Security Engineer in a fast-paced Software Engineering team at Markforged, you will grow and lead the secured Software development & deployment lifecycle processes and practices for cloud, IoT and hybrid systems. We move at a breakneck speed but refuse to compromise on quality, and security is an integral part of our deliverables. Your security solutions will protect company's software assets & directly influence our future. You will have opportunity to do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best engineers across MatSci, Mech-E, EE, and Software.
Rapid learning and a passion for high-quality secured software engineering will establish your success. It is not mandated to have prior 3D experience/knowledge or expertise on our software stack; we trust on experiential and self-learning at work.
You will be building security tooling, automation, improving monitoring and security of our software systems, troubleshooting security issues, and analyzing performance bottlenecks related to security.
In this role you will:
- Function as a lead security engineer to ensure security proofing and compliance of our software systems, applications and services in cloud and on-premise
- Enable effective security testing of Markforged’s software applications, APIs and IoT capabilities
- Develop technical solutions to mitigate security threats, vulnerabilities and risks
- Conduct security threat-modeling, risk assessment and execution of treatment plans
- Develop and maintain our AWS access control, IAM policies and Key Management
- Perform software deliverable security reviews, code scanning and release sign-off
- Develop security tools and support penetration testing
- Monitor and communicate potential security risks, impacts and solutions to engineering and product teams
- Web application security; general web app protections and behaviors, WAF, implementations, responding to behavioral anomalies, and proactively securing a large and dynamic application perimeter
What we look for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience across secured web applications, cloud services security, static code analysis, cryptography and system-level security
- Strong cyber-security experience with a major cloud provider ecosystem (Amazon AWS/Microsoft Azure/Google) (Ex: IAM, KMS)
- Experience in security topics - access control, configuration, vulnerability analysis, logging and monitoring
- Experience with SOC2 compliance and ISO-27001 certification
- Familiar with Auth, SSO solutions, and authentication & authorization solution best practices
- Experience in implementing security tools, methods and procedures that made security realistic and integrated into software development and deployment processes
- Experience with log management and monitoring tools, including cloud native tools, is strongly desired.
- Ideal candidate should be able to aggregate, correlate, and report on logs and metrics, use them for detecting anomalous or risky behavior and triggering automated actions or alerts.
- Familiarity with common exploits, such as XSS, SQL, Injection, DOS, man in the middle, and buffer overflows, as well as how to detect them and protect against them
- Solid interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and ability to effectively work in an agile team
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.