Senior Software Engineer - IoT
Engineering – Software Engineering
Markforged transforms manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts tough enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the tenth fastest-growing tech company in the US in the 2018 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Software Engineering team, you would be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services. The Software team is highly cross-functional, and you will have ample opportunity to get involved in and take ownership of projects that interest you.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day. We are looking for passionate, hardworking software engineers who have experience building innovative applications that customers love. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
In this role you will:
- Build and maintain browser applications and the underlying services that run on embedded devices.
- Work with Typescript and other web technologies to deliver a performant, scalable, and responsive platform.
- Follow atomic design principles to build features which must function on a wide range of devices.
- Define requirements and work effectively with other organizations and peer engineering teams on developing, testing, implementing and supporting these requirements for existing and upcoming products
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders (such as electrical, mechanical, and materials engineers).
- Facilitate good technical designs and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices.
- Write maintainable code, working in a professional software engineering environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration and deployment, etc.).
- Manage aspects of the software development, test, and release process.
- Work with vendors on issues, log collection, analysis and troubleshooting.
- Support feasibility/analysis for validation of new technologies, products, features, and services.
What we look for:
- 5+ years of professional web development experience.
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS and W3C standards.
- Solid understanding of unit, end-to-end, and test driven design,
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services and networking.
- Experience with building responsive application interfaces.
- Knowledgeable about build and tooling systems like Webpack and Babel.
- Able to write maintainable and functionally tested modules.
- Proficient in database storage mechanics and efficient data retrieval.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Educated in browser and painting performance bottlenecks.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability.
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development life cycle.
- Welcome change and complexity. Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
- You love learning and mentoring others.
- 3+ years of professional experience with Python.
- Experience with frameworks like Angular, Aurelia, and VueJS.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors like PostCSS, LESS, and SASS.
- Experience with embedded hardware systems.
- Experience with the Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, etc).
- Experience in small startup environments.
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.