Engineering – Mechanical Engineering
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
As a Engineering Technician you will be responsible to own the day-to-day operation of critical testing infrastructure. You will also assemble, test, and maintain electrical & mechanical prototypes according to engineering instructions. Troubleshoot technical issues, inspect designs for quality, report findings, and make recommendations.
Generate drawings and diagrams and write specifications to clarify design details of prototype electronic and mechanical equipment.Build, maintain and repair electrical & mechanical equipment.Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions and work with manufacturers to get replacement parts.Set up test equipment and evaluate the performance of prototype parts, assemblies, or systems and then analyze test information to resolve design-related problems.Write reports and record data on testing techniques, laboratory equipment, and specifications.
In this role you will :
- Own the day-to-day operation of critical testing infrastructure
- Assemble, test, and maintain electrical & mechanical prototypes according to engineering instructions
- Troubleshoot technical issues that arise during the construction and test of electrical & mechanical systems
- Inspect designs for quality, report findings, and make recommendations
- Generate drawings and diagrams and write specifications to clarify design details of prototype electronic and mechanical equipment
- Build, maintain and repair electrical & mechanical equipment
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions and work with manufacturers to get replacement parts
- Set up test equipment and evaluate the performance of prototype parts, assemblies, or systems and then analyze test information to resolve design-related problems
- Write reports and record data on testing techniques, laboratory equipment, and specifications
What we look for:
- Want to contribute to a culture of excellence
- Are self-motivated and able to manage their time effectively
- Are able to read blueprints, schematic drawings, and engineering instructions for assembling and testing electrical & mechanical
- Have strong communication and organizational skills
- Eager to learn new tools & technologies
- Have 5 years or more of relevant industry experience
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.