Operations – Manufacturing
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500.
Located at our brand new manufacturing facility in Billerica, MA as Production Manager, you will be responsible for assigning work according to production needs while issuing recommendations on production organization and making adjustments. You will work to ensure supply of raw materials, components and other products for production; check equipment availability and operational status; ensure production processes are carried out and ensure workplace safety.
You will assist in hiring of production employees; integrating new hires; coordinating production staff and employee rotation and evaluate employee performance. You will also collaborate on management processes and production processes; take part in the validation of production equipment and participate in the training and development of the skills of production employees.
In this role you will:
- Maintain a safe workplace at all times through compliance with all applicable OSHA and local safety rules
- Work to prevent injuries!
- Manage KPIs to ensure that the team’s processes and performance are running efficiently and/or improving over time.
- Attend shift start and pass off meetings to highlight key objectives and daily tasks for your team
- Supervise the work of manufacturing employees, ensuring safety, quality, service and productivity
- Ensure we are meeting monthly targets to our production goals
- Maintain production data and support work order accuracy
- Will ensure 5S standards are developed, initiated, and maintained throughout the factory floor
- Will participate in various 5S and lean standard work events
- Work with local partners to screen and interview candidates for the team
- Attract, Recruit, & Retain manufacturing talent
- Develop on-boarding and training plans of technicians/operators
- Maintain and update training records
- Create and maintain a positive work environment on and off the manufacturing floor
- Partner with HR to create and document team policies
- Conduct investigations when injuries occur in coordination with EHS Officer and safety committee
What we look for:
- BA/BS degree in an engineering discipline or other relevant field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of manufacturing leadership and management experience
- Subject matter expert (SME) in manufacturing (bonus for plastics/ fibers manufacturing experience)
- Proven success in team leadership and development
- Able to adapt to unique, in-the-moment challenges in a calm and professional manner
- Experienced with factory safety requirements, SDS and accident investigations
- Experience with 5S and lean manufacturing
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles, 6S, Six Sigma, and Kanban Systems
- Passion for production and continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving abilities
- Ability to communicate (oral, written and numerical) to all levels of the organization
- ERP/MRP experience
- Ability to lead 3-shift manufacturing team
- Experience recruiting, retaining, and developing manufacturing talent
- Working on feet in manufacturing facility for 5+ hours per day
- Working on computer for 4+ hours per day. Safety glasses and other PPE required for light manufacturing support
- On-call support for manufacturing team
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.