Research and Development – Materials
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
As a Materials Engineer, you will take R&D-tested 3D printing metal materials through qualification and out into the market. You will run print test suites and convince leadership that new materials are ready to launch. To do this you will use your materials know-how to look at structure-property relationships, make suggestions on changes to raw materials, and modify sintering profiles. Perhaps you will end up tweaking software or changing the rheology of the filaments to get the perfects prints. You will work directly with a team of materials scientists and print engineers and contribute to a collaborative and productive work environment.
In this role you will:
- Print & design metal material test suites, with statistically meaningful analysis
- Perform experiments and use results to inform and develop improvements in materials, software, and/or hardware for better properties, robustness, and reliability
- Make hypotheses and determine several ways to test them
- Record data, summarize findings, and present results
- Create easy to follow and detailed documentation
- Maintain metal printers, wash station, and sintering furnaces
- Comply with safety and protective equipment regulations
What we look for:
- A Bachelor's , MS, or PhD degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related
- Knowledge of metallurgy, powdered metals, and metal processing
- Takes ownership of tasks and has strong attention to detail
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to multitask
- Familiarity with CAD (Solidworks preferred) and 3D printing
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.