Operations – Manufacturing
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500.
As Maintenance Technician, you will perform general maintenance, repairs and preventative maintenance on manufacturing facility equipment and property structures. All work will be done in compliance with EPA, Hazmat and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
In this role you will:
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with all company procedures, rules, and regulations
- Perform tasks including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, vacuum, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines and power tools
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, schematics and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Locate sources of problems by observing both machines in operation and anticipating problems that may occur
- Control downtime by informing production associates of routine preventive maintenance needed and the completion dates/times associated with the project
- Provide machine and mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests from co-workers
- Order, repair and/or replace defective parts in machines or mechanical devices, using both hand and power tools
- Maintain organization of, and communicate needs for, inventory of spare parts required for equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot equipment and repair when necessary
- Report damage, defects and safety related issues to Factory Shift Leads immediately
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, gas and other systems. Conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintain chillers, HVAC and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, etc.)
- Maintain service logs for the overall facility, including logs for production equipment
- Initiate requisitions for machines, parts, supplies and tooling
- Maintain both shop and building equipment by following diagrams, prints, operations manuals and manufacturer's instructions
- Perform all other duties as required
What we look for:
- 5-7 years experience in manufacturing or a related field
- Ability to work independently and collaborates well in a team environment
- Familiarity with multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Knowledge of electrical terminations, crimping, stripping, and soldering
- Understanding of controllers, PLC, and VFD
- Experience working with sensors, strain gauges, and thermocouples
- Understanding of proper chemical handling and disposal
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.