Machine Operator 2nd Shift
Operations – Manufacturing
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
As a Production Technician – Level D at Markforged, you will be responsible for helping support the operational effectiveness of Fiber Production. You will operate production equipment, maintain tooling and equipment, transfer consumable materials from inventory to production, and support in special projects as required. You will work directly with the Team Leader to ensure operational goals and objectives are either met or exceeded.
In this role, you will:
- Operate Production Equipment:
- Operate plastic extruder.
- Install tooling and initiate fiber production when a line needs to be started.
- Enter process information into production computer.
- Change consumable materials.
- Operate material handling equipment
- Monitor all operational equipment, and ensure optimal standards are met.
- Maintain Tooling and Equipment:
- Perform line upgrades and equipment maintenance as needed.
- Maintain a clean working environment at all times.
- Troubleshoot issues with help of Engineering and Operations team members.
- Transfer Consumable Materials from Inventory to Production:
- Prepare materials for production.
- Transfer materials to inventory.
- Notify Team Leader if/when any material issues are observed.
- Support in Special Projects:
- As needed, projects to be determined.
What we look for:
- Minimum education – High school
- Preferred education – 2-year degree in electronics or other technical field
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing or related field
- Experience with Safety Systems
- Familiarity with additive manufacturing (preferred)
- Experience working with fiber materials (preferred)
- Experience working with plastics (preferred)
- Automated manufacturing equipment
- Vacuum ovens (preferred)
Specialized knowledge in:
Skills and certifications
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Documents
- Verbal/written communication
- ERP/MRP (preferred)
- QMS (preferred)
- Professional Certification (preferred):
- Lean manufacturing
- Project management
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.