Application Sales Engineer - Federal Accounts
Sales – Application Engineering
Join the team that is revolutionizing manufacturing! At Markforged, we build industrial 3D printing platforms to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old part creation processes. Thousands of companies around the world use our machines to print same-day prototypes, manufacturing tooling and produce stronger end-use parts than ever before.
We are building a world-class team of Application Sales Engineers to be the technical face of Markforged to our clients. For those who are mechanically-inclined, enjoy solving a variety of complex problems for customers and thrive in a sales setting, our Application Engineering team could be a great fit for you. Application Engineers serve as trusted advisors to prospects and customers by leveraging their technical expertise and business acumen to propose relevant solutions to real business problems.
Strategic Account Application Engineers work in tandem with our Strategic Account Sales Managers to sell to our largest customers across business units and markets globally. A good Application Engineer anticipates and overcomes technical objections to grow and accelerate sales opportunities and provide the right solution to our customers.
In this role you will:
- Gain and maintain expert technical knowledge and proficiency with Markforged products, applications and the additive manufacturing industry in general
- Conduct discovery meetings to uncover business and technical requirements that map to Markforged solutions
- Consult with prospects and customers to identify appropriate applications of Markforged technology to define a business case and solution
- Demonstrate Markforged capabilities, including software, printers, demo parts and custom benchmark parts
- Support internal product, sales and engineering teams by driving feedback and content for marketing collateral through case studies
- Support marketing efforts by serving as an industry thought leader at events and webinars
What we look for:
- Mechanically intuitive and knowledgeable about a range of manufacturing processes, ideally across multiple industries
- Just as comfortable in deep technical discussions with engineers and manufacturing professionals as they are presenting to varied audiences, including executives
- Consultative, making sure to ask questions to understand the “why”
- Experienced at preparing technical solutions for business proposals and navigating large-company procurement processes
- Driven and self-motivated with the ability to manage several long-term projects with minimal oversight in a fast-paced startup environment
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Engineering degree (mechanical preferred), or related technical degree
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in an engineering or technical field
- Demonstrated project management and presentation skills
- CAD experience
- Demonstrated expertise in some of the following areas: Manufacturing, new product development, supply chain, process characterization, materials, 3D printing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including mastery in English (and local language if applicable)
- Willingness to travel up to 60%
- Must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States, or hold a visa that allows you to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Solution selling, professional services or strategic consulting experience
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with CI or LS poly strongly preferred
- Experience selling into DOD agencies strongly preferred
- MBA or graduate degree in a related technical field
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.