Information Security Manager
Technology Operations (IT) – Technology Operations (IT)
Markforged is a fast-growing Watertown-based company selling 3D printers for industrial applications to NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Microsoft, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries. Only Markforged has continuous carbon fiber printing, and in 2017, we introduced a metal 3D printer using the same 5th generation hardware and software platform as our composite printer.
Customers use Markforged printers to speed up line changeovers and shrink downtime with non-scratching tooling and fixture parts. They slash prototyping cycles with same-day functional prototypes. And they print low-volume complex parts to reduce the number of components or reduce weight without sacrificing strength.
As a Security Manager on the Technology Operations team at Markforged, you will be a strong and independent team leader passionate about information security. You have demonstrable experience managing compliance and certification efforts, building high performing security teams, supporting customer security reviews, and quantitatively tracking security program success. In this role you will also be a part of Markforged’s cross-functional security team spanning IT security, risk and compliance, and application security.
The goal of the Technology Operations team is to provide effective technologies and quality services that seamlessly integrate into the daily workflows of Markforged employees to safeguard information, enhance productivity, and scale in a cost-effective manner. We do this by listening to the needs of employees and maximizing the potential of the tools we offer. You will have a superb opportunity to build and manage a highly effective security program.
In this role you will;
- Craft a meaningful vision and strategy for Markforged’s security and compliance program
- Build policies, processes, and procedures that drive a strong security posture
- Develop and deploy metrics that will accurately gauge security performance
- Manage security risk and compliance efforts across the organization
- Prepare Markforged for audits and certifications including ISO27001 and SOC 2
- Serve as a security subject matter expert supporting sales, strategic account initiatives, and customer security reviews
- Build and manage a team of talented security professionals, ensuring career paths and growth opportunities for all team members
- Be accountable for driving security program execution
- Manage vendor, consultant, and auditor relationships
- Evangelize a strong security culture and security awareness across all levels of the organization
- Maintain strong knowledge of current security and privacy legislation and frameworks
What we look for:
- 5+ years of experience in security and information technology management, including managing vendors, consultants, and auditors
- Deep understanding of risk assessments and compliance frameworks
- Experience with audits and certifications such as ISO27001, SOC2, and FedRAMP with a preference towards ISMS management experience
- Experience building and scaling teams and driving them toward a consistent vision with reliable execution
- Comfort weighing several, often conflicting, constraints and to make rapid decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technological solutions and concepts to non-technical decision-makers
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced, and dynamic startup environments
- CISSP, CISA, or other industry certification
- Hands-on technical expertise (e.g software development, cloud infrastructure architecture, IoT hardware) is a plus
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.