Facilities and EHS Manager
Operations – Operations
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500.
The goal of the Facilities and EHS Manager is to create safe and engaging work environments, systems, and processes for the Markforged team. There is a strong focus on operational planning and execution. This tole blends high-level strategic thinking with on-the-ground execution to propel the company to grow and scale well. We are looking for a motivated problem-solver, where all challenges are met with enthusiasm and open minds.
The Facilities Manager will join the Vice President of Operations to ensure success as Markforged continues to grow in 2020.
In This Role You Will:
- Responsible for facilities projects for existing and future Markforged office locations - scopes Markforged operational and physical space requirement needs as team grows, manages budgets, and ensures projects completed on time
- Oversees physical security infrastructure, access controls, and policies
- Manages relationships with property management, facilities vendors, contractors, and building engineers
- Troubleshoot and problem solve facilities related incidents, and manage landlord relationships
- Own execution and management of any facility moves
- Responsible for establishing health and safety policies and procedures that ensure compliance with company, customer and global governmental regulations
- Prepare site reports on EHS conditions, recommends, corrective actions/preventative actions and other regulatory filings (permits, certificates, notifications)
- Own global EHS compliance, required reporting and lead the safety committee
- Run emergency / incident response planning for all facilities
- Manage and coordinate A&E services and construction consultants as required.
- Establish and support budget planning for OPEX, CAPEX, and Leasehold Improvement projects.
- Provide technical advice on process equipment to Operations and Facility groups as required.
What We Look For:
- Experience in facilities and building management
- Raw smarts: business and practical common sense and intellect
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent project management skills
- Acute attention to detail
- A high level of accountability and roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Can-do customer service approach
- Team player that works collaboratively with others
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in facilities management
- OSHA 30 Certification Desired
- Experience in aspects of hazardous waste management
- Start-up experience a plus
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.