Product Marketing Manager
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
As our head of Product Marketing, you will be the main voice of the customer in a new and exciting brand. You will work with input from product management but own the product roadmap positioning. You will need to understand our unique selling proposition well enough to express it in differentiated and creative ways so the Markforged message lands with various audiences across diverse personas. You will be tasked with crafting and maintaining consistent MarkForged positioning to be used by our sales and channel teams. Additionally, this role will be responsible for building/running the go to market enablement function.
- Product Marketing: Position product with customers, partners & channel around unique selling proposition such that everyone understands why Markforged printers belong on the desk of all mechanical and design engineers. Learn from customers and their use of the machines. Articulate and maintain messaging around all key applications across all verticals and industry segments Work hand in hand with Product Management, Brand/Content, Demand Generation, Sales, Channel/Partner Marketing, and Communications.
- Pricing: Understand pricing bundles and define and publish new pricing models and support plans working with Product Management to ensure alignment of price positioning across the entire platform.
- Customer segmentation: Conduct research to understand needs, buy decision framework & key influencers. Identify and develop customer personas.
- Mechanical engineering background helpful
- 7-10 years of industry experience in system (hardware & software)
- Effective communicator, especially written
- Content marketing experience (1-3 years)
- PRD/product management experience (2-4 years)
- High performance track record as Individual Contributor
- Aspires to deliver best-in-class product marketing