Software Quality Engineer
Engineering – Quality
Markforged is liberating designers and engineers from the long lead times and high costs of traditional manufacturing. We build cutting-edge next generation cloud connected industrial 3D printers that produce parts 50x faster that are 23x stronger and 20x lower-cost. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged printers to produce same-day prototypes and stronger end-use parts than ever before.
Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing.
As part of the Quality Engineering team, you would be helping to found and build the tests and infrastructure necessary to enable the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services. Your ideas will directly influence the company's future. You will do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best engineers across MatSci, Mech-E, EE, and Software.
We are looking for an experienced quality engineer who believes that “untested code is broken code” and can help us develop, qualify and deliver a modern front end stack that will scale to power thousands of printers that manufacturers use to accelerate their product development. We need talented engineers to build and maintain the highest quality product as our vision moves forward.
In this role you will:
- Be a founding member of the Quality team and help create the strategy and standards for product and process quality in the Engineering organization
- As part of the team, create test cases and test plans to validate functionality, existing and new, in Markforged software components
- Contribute to the design and development of an automation framework to use as part of the development workflow
- Automate test cases as part of the development process to enable rapid development and delivery using continuous integration techniques, Selenium and product APIs
- Work with a wide range of technologies (Debian-based IoT systems, AWS, Heroku, node.js) to find and reproduce product problems
- Improve engineering Quality standards, tooling, and processes
- Guarantee stability of the production environment for our customers.
What we look for:
- Have 3 - 5 years in testing and automating complex web applications
- Experience with Selenium, Katalon or similar automated tools
- Demonstrated experience testing in a Continuous Integration environment
- Experience with deploying and testing systems on AWS, Heroku or other PAAS applications
- Experience with Linux, security, and networking fundamentals
- Ability to take ownership of a project and execute it with technical excellence
- Knack for troubleshooting complex customer-facing systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Previous experience with 3D modeling and 3D printing concepts is a plus
- Working knowledge of a subset of Postgres, Redis and SQL
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.