DevOps Engineer - Internal Tools
Engineering – Software Engineering
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The Markforged engineering organization is growing fast and as part of that growth we wish to add an engineer to manage our internal tools and processes. In this role you will work with engineering management and other engineers in the organization to ensure reliable operation of mission critical software tools and setups specific to those tools.
In this role you will:
- Ability to manage Atlassian software offerings, including Jira & Confluence.
- An understanding of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and tools used to administer and manage those processes
- Experience with Configuration Management concepts and tools (Puppet, Chef, Vagrant)
- Able to learn new software packages quickly
- Ability to script with PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, or other similar scripting languages
- Prior experience with REST APIs
- Prior experience supporting both cloud and private-cloud offerings, including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Prior experience with source control management, specifically git
- Flexible schedule during times of emergency or new tool integration
- Demonstrated ability to work well in team environments
What we look for:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Ability to identify and proactively address issues impacting forward progress on business objectives
- Leadership abilities that will allow you to operate with minimal supervision, identify issues, and quickly resolve those issues
- Previously work in an engineering or technical environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.