Security Analyst I
Technology Operations (IT) – Technology Operations (IT)
Markforged is growing at an exponential rate and we’re looking for a highly-motivated Security Analyst who thrives in a fast-paced, growth-focused environment to help build our team. As Security Analyst, you will join our Technology Operations team to secure Markforged networks and compute environments. To succeed here, you need to be a quick learner and have a passion for the latest security technologies. As a rapidly evolving company, Markforged takes stability, scalability, and security seriously and wants someone that feels the same.
You will be a strong and independent team member that is passionate about solving big problems with simple solutions, driving excellence, and building a great company. You will analyze and establish security requirements, train employees in security awareness, and defend systems against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction. You will report to the Director of IT.
In this role you will:
- Triage and respond to security requests and incident reports
- Assist with responding to security questionnaires
- Conduct risk assessments on third-party vendors and technology
- Assist in managing security projects and physical access control
- Train fellow employees in security awareness and procedures
- Conduct periodic security and systems audits
- Monitor the computing environment for unusual activity
- Produce high quality documentation
- Maintain awareness of current threats and security technologies
What we look for:
- 1 year of experience in Information Security or IT Security
- Ability to provide concise documentation within a ticketing system or knowledge base
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical employees
- Ability and strong desire to work with minimal supervision in an environment with changing priorities and multiple projects
- Highly organized, precise with great attention to detail
- Ability to work weekend and off-hours on occasion
Bonus Skills (Not Required)
- Work experience in a startup environment
- Experience securing and managing enterprise software
- Experience working with endpoint management tools
- Experience with network security, vulnerability scanning, monitoring, and alerting
- Experience maintaining an asset and data inventory
- Ability to work cross-functionally on IT projects including support requests, on-boarding, and troubleshooting macOS, Windows, mobile devices, office printers, A/V and video conferencing systems
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.