Software Engineering Manager
Engineering – Software Engineering
Markforged transforms manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts tough enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and listed as the tenth fastest-growing tech company in the US in the 2018 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead and shape the team, and be a critical part of defining the future trajectory of Eiger, Markforged’s cloud-based print software.
In this role you will:
- Work with a team of technically sophisticated engineers on some of the toughest engineering-wide challenges
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders to define the team’s roadmap amid competing priorities
- Empower the team to solve problems for fellow Markforged engineers and customers by understanding their needs and coming up with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Markforged’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Drive engineering excellence on the software engineering team
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Markforged’s engineering management team
- Manage a team of 3-5 engineers
- Be able to write production code yourself
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Worked on scaling an API or developer platform
- Managed teams that shipped and operated critical infrastructure
- Successfully built a team, defined the mission, and achieved your goals
- Deep technical ability but prefers to lean on your leadership skills
- Successfully recruited and retained great people to your teams
- The ability to balance the reliability, usability, compliance and cost of critical systems
- Comfort planning in quarters and halves and also has experience planning in years
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- An excitement about collaborating with teammates across Markforged’s organization
- 3+ years as an Engineering Manager
- Experience hiring engineers
- Experience managing a technical team of 3 or more
- Strong technical & architecture skills
- Strong management experience
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.