Finance – Financial Planning & Analysis
As a Financial Analyst, you will be part of the Financial Planning and Analysis team which leverages financial information to drive strategic decision making. The team generates insights and transparency by conducting detailed, thoughtful analyses. By partnering with colleagues throughout the organization, the FP&A team helps to ensure that all departments are successful in achieving their goals and driving the growth of Markforged. In this role, you will report to the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis.
In this role you will:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the company’s budget
- Build detailed financial models to support the rolling financial forecast
- Represent the FP&A team as a business partner for departments throughout Markforged
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and present findings and recommendations to management
- Assist in the development and updating of key metrics to gauge the organization’s health and operations
- Support the process of regularly reporting financial results to our Board of Directors
- Assess profitability and conduct margin analysis for our suite of products
- Help scale our operations by assisting in the evaluation, implementation, and improvement of financial reporting systems
What we look for:
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a quantitative field
- Two years of experience in financial reporting and/or analysis
- Strong background and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills. Are you able to communicate and collaborate with teammates of all seniority levels and departments?
- Knowledge of financial statements
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.